Chapter 12 || The news

⚠️ TW! ⚠️ (Suicide attempts and more)

Helena's POV

I left the hospital very tired. I didn't even remember when is the last time I slept. I barely knew how to keep my eyes open. Beyond risking any accidents, I decided to leave my car in the hospital and got home by a taxi.

As soon as I got inside, It was a mess. It looked very fresh since the last time y/n and I fought. I didn't have the energy to clean up so I just put the keys on the kitchen counter and went straight to my bedroom. 

I throw myself into the bed, and darkness fill out my sight. 

~~~

I woke up around 7 AM, and my head was pounding. I tried going back to sleep again but yet no luck. My eyes won't let me rest. I thought maybe I should get a fresh shower first since I haven't done that in awhile. I got up and went to the bathroom, setting up a cold shower. 

I don't usually do cold showers mainly because I can't handle the cold but yet, today was much different. I wanted to relieve my stress so I did it.

It tingles at first but my body soon to relax at the cold water hitting my bare skin. After about an hour in the shower, I got out and put on some comfortable clothings. I layed back down and within minutes I was back asleep.

~~~

By the time I woke up again it was well over 12 PM. I already feel more energized than before. I was bored around the house so I figured maybe I should visit y/n now that i'm feeling a lot better.

I went by taxi to the hospital and went to the bedroom. As soon as the door opened, There wasn't a bed laying in the room. I looked around and did not find any clue where she was moved. I reached for my pockets and that's just when I realized I didn't have my phone with me. 'How could I be so naive? I didn't notice I left my phone here.'

I ran towards the electrical outlet to look for my supposingly charging phone. No trace whatsoever. I tried to think of all the places and decided to go to the receptionist. I asked them to call his number and they did.

They transfer the phone to me,

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey douglas, I wanted to ask where y/n is? I went to her room but I didn't find her in there," I spoke.

That's when I heard a sniff coming from the older man on the phone.

I was confused. "Oh.. Meet me at the hospital's cafeteria would you?" He asked me politely.

As confused as I was, I didn't ask any questions. I hummed in response and gave back the phone back.

I went there to find y/n's father burrying his face on his hands. Somewhat hopeless. I sat across from him. "Hello" I said.

He shot up looking at me. His eyes were puffy. Tears were still somewhat visible. He has been crying but I don't know the reason.. Yet.

He tried forming words but he broke down crying again. I patted his shoulders trying to comfort him and get some clue on what happened. 

"I-I lost my daughter, Helena" he stuttered looking me dead in the eyes.

I was a bit puzzled by that, then it hit me. 'Wh-what? What do you mean?" I looked into his eyes hoping it was some sort of a joke.

"y/n.. y/n died a few hours ago in the emergency surgery. I tried calling you but you left your phone" He said as he handed me my phone and my charger.

My heart shattered. My future.. My whole world crumbled before my eyes. I couldn't even form words after that before I ran out the hospital into my car. I  was sitting on the car's driver seat, sobbing my heart out.

The pain was unbearable. My body went numb and weak in a matter of seconds. What hurts more was that- her last words to me is full of betrayal. I didn't even get to apologize or explain my side of the story to her before she passed away. 

I sat there crying nonstop. After what felt like hours, I finally got the couraged to pick myself up and drove home safely. 

I opened the door still welcomed by the messy living room, dining room. I sobbed again on the floor seeing everything. The memories were so fresh and yet so fragile.

'If I haven't been so naive and stupid, all of this wouldn't have happened. What have I done?'  I couldn't forgave myself for what happened to y/n. I feel like her death was all my fault.

I turned on my phone and see unread messages, missed calls for y/n's dad, and some were from the hospital. I felt guilty. I wasn't even there when it happened.

I turned off my phone completely. Letting my feelings lead me. 

For the next few days, I couldn't eat, I couldn't get out of the room without crying. My mom on the other hand, knows something was wrong when she called me a few times and I wasn't picking it up. 

The next thing I knew, I was in my bathroom. Staring at myself. I don't like what I'm seeing, I looked dead. You could even see my ribcage without even trying. 

My eyes got distracted by a shiny object across the room. A razor. I looked at myself once again.

'What's the pointing on living at this point? My whole world, My future wife was dead because of my stupid actions.'  I was sobbing.

I took the razor and was seconds away to cutting a deep cut on my vein. Before the razor could even get the chance hitting my skin, my door was bashed open by my mother. "HELENA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I looked her in the eyes with my eyes filled with tears. 

"I-I can't do it mother" I murmured.

She hugged me tight like there's no tomorrow. "What happened? You can tell me."

Third person's POV

Y/n on the other hand, flew to italy by a private jet. She arrived and was transfered to a hospital to be taken care of.

Her aunt or now called as her 'Mom' will be taking care of her until she's fully awake and discharged. 

Y/n is still in a coma. No luck on awaking anytime soon. What will the future hold for her?

A/N HERE! Ya'll letme just apologized for not uploading any stories yesterday, I was hit by my upcoming practical exams. 

I hope ya'll can understand. Anyway- In the next few chapters, there's gonna be a lot of time jumps so just letting you know.

Don't forget to vote loveess <333