Chapter 20 || By luck

Your POV

"Alright that's a wrap everyone!" I spoke.

People are clapping from left to right, "Thank you for working with us!" Said the CEO, shaking my hand.

"Likewise."

People are walking out, as I grab my stuff and stuffing it into my bag. After that, I was walking out the door before I was stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist.

"Flo-"

"Don't have time to talk right now, Olivia. Now if you please-" I said.

"Look- I'm sorry," She murmured, slowly releasing her grasp from my wrist.

I didn't even reply, I just walk out the building without looking back. Knowing well enough if I do, I'll forget about all the stuff she's done and forgive her easily.

"Please go to the library on the heart of the city." I spoke to the driver.

He nodded and started driving. I purposely use a taxi not a driver that's given by Olivia, guessing she will locate me easily if I do.

As soon as I arrived there, I went straight to the poetry section. Hoping hopefully to bump into Helena. I need to know everything. 

To my luck it was empty. Nobody was there. I sigh in frustration and grab a book, bringing it with me to the back side of the library.

I can see the poetry section from the table so that's that. I took out my laptop and started to go look through what I can look through. My laptop, my phone is all controlled by Olivia which is a sad truth I had to went through. I usually won't question it, but for as in right now it makes me feel like my life was controlled, they never let me free or live my own life. 

My thoughts was interrupted by someone that caught my attention. The lady was walking through the poetry section. Their back was on me so I couldn't quite recognize them. I watched her closely, hoping she will turn around and make eye contact with me.

She did, she turned her back and now made eye contact with me. It was Helena. I smile brightly at her as I invited her into my table.

The happiness was plastered all over her face, making it easy to spot her from afar or from miles away as people may call it. Her smile could light up the room, the bright white teeth, her messy hair, just everything about her is so.. perfect.

"Hey you."

"Hey to you back," She spoke, giggling to herself, "How are you?"

"Good, good.. you?" I replied.

"Ditto."

I smiled at her, I held eye contact with her for some time, I feel like the world around us just dissapeared to thin air. Something about her brings me comfort, her gaze, her scent.

"Are you busy right now?" She asked.

"Actually i'll be free for the rest of the day, why?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to go grab lunch, the place is quite close" She spoke.

"Of course," I said as I closed my laptop, and putting it in my bag. I grab the black tint glasses from my bag and put it on.

I walked with her down the block, it was quite close as she said so. One thing I do notice is that, there's a lot of people with cameras across the street, snapping pictures of the both of us.

"Is that normal..?" I whispered to her ear.

"Oh ya- that's normal, just paparazzis" She spoke.

"pap- what?" I asked.

She looked at me quite shocked, "You don't have to worry about that."

She saw I was a little uncomfortable by the attention, so she grab my hand, tangling her hand in mine. it's like some sort of butterflies erupt in me as she did it. She walked faster and before long, we arrived in the restaurant.

She approached one of the workers that's working as a cashier, whispering something. The worker nodded, and pointed up the stairs. 

The whole time, our hands was still tangled with each other. It made me blush crazily. I never felt so flustered by someone before or atleast to my memory.

She took me up the stairs, into the first room on the left. It was a 2 seat table, with a view of the road. The windows are tinted black, making the people outside not able to see what's happening in the inside. 

It was pretty aestheticly pleasing I had to say so myself. She finally let go of my hand, making me groan internally. She grab the chair, letting me sit on it first before taking her own seat. "What a gentlewoman~" I spoke.

She giggled embarrassed as she offer me the menu. The foods looks pretty tasty, There was too many good options.

Helena's POV

I glance over at y/n- no.. Florence. She seemed a bit confused on what to order. 

"Have you tried the carbonara??" I asked. It was y/n favourite meal.

"Oh ya! It was delicious since what I last remember eating it," She spoke excitedly.

The waitress came into the room, "Are you ready to order?" The young lady asked.

"I'll take the tenderloin, with hot earl grey tea." I spoke.

"alright- and you, miss?" She asked again.

"Mmm.. I'll take the Carbonara anddd.." She said, glancing back at the menu.

"Do you like tea?" I asked.

"I do! I guess i'll take the jasmine tea, and oh-" She was interrupted by me.

"Change the sugar to honey." I spoke.

After the woman left the room, I noticed florence mouth was wide open with a disbelief expression. "How do you know I like honey more than regular sugar?" She spoke impressed.

"Oh uh- just a random guess" I sheepishly said. 

She nodded and scanned the menu once again. I can't ignore the thought, She likes carbonara, she likes jasmine tea, with honey. that's literally y/n's favourite meal. Could she possibly be y/n?

My thoughts were interrupted with her asking a particular question. 

"I remembered you saying I look like an ex lover of yours, What is she like?"

I smiled, "Well.. how do I even start? She made my life less 'hell' like. She was just a ray of sun, my happiness. I don't know what life would be like without her.."

"You seem to love her so much, didn't you?" She asked carefully with a hint of pity in her voice.

"With all my heart," I replied as I smiled weakly at her.

I had a question in mind, i don't want to overstep but I need to know. "Do you happen to have a family member named Douglas Greggory?"

A/N HERE!

Sorry for the cliffhangerrr, well I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I do, and also

Don't forget to vote people! <33