Chapter 26 || Long Time No See

Your POV

I stood there in complete shock, I even tried rubbing my eyes to see if I was dreaming. I wasn't.

("I WiLL.. I diDn'T." I'M SORRY I HAVE TO 😭😭)

Everything seems to go in slow motion as we held that eye contact. My feet stopped at the tracks.

I saw how her shocked face, melts into happiness. I rushed out to her, I couldn't care less who I bumped into, I pushed everyone out of my way.

She pulled into her warm embrace, and we stood there. Sobbing.. well- correction, I was the one sobbing.

That's when I knew she was there, she was really there standing before me in her goodness glory.

"Sshh.. It's okay, I'm here," She cooed in my ears.

None of us said anything, just reassuring words spilling out of Helena's mouth.

After what felt like minutes went by, I finally pulled away to see her. 

I broke into a smile as I saw her smiling. All the emotions came rushing back to me, as I finally realized how much I have missed her in the last few months.

I pulled her back into a hug, taking a deep breath. "I missed you," I sighed.

~~~

We walked down to the busy streets again, arms locked to each other. 

I saw Helena stop right in front of a coffee shop. It was decorated with a dark wooden door, a slightly rusted one along with fake vines cascading on the walls of it.

We were seated on the second floor, near the windows.

There weren't many people up here either, it's mostly just us and another couple on the other end.

One thing I noticed, there were a lot of vintages, antiques decorating the whole store too.

"Hello, what would you like to order for today?" The waitress said.

I briefly looked through the menu, and finally ordered a cup of coffee with chocolate cake, while Helena ordered a cup of tea.

After the waitress have gone away, I started fidgeting with my fingers as I don't know where to begin. 

I decided to grab all of the confidence in me to finally speak up. "I'm sorry.." I squeaked out.

She looked at me sympathetically and reached over to grab my hand. "For what?"

"..For not reaching out. I lost your number, everything I have about you disappeared away from my phone by midnight, I don't know what happen."

Helena's POV

"Don't be sorry, I know how complicated it is. That's why I came here, I wanted to find you myself." I reassured her.

I don't want to lose you again.. like last time.

She looked up from her hands and looked right into my eyes. Her beautiful y/e/c eyes were mesmerizing to look at even if it's filled with tears. Even though she was crying, I can see other emotions mixed up in there, I could see sadness.. happiness.. overwhelmed.. and many more that I couldn't exactly describe.

I held her hand and slightly squeezed it. "We can go through this together.. Okay?"

She nodded, and slowly bit her bottom lip. Which I find very attractive of her.

The waitress came back and placed our order on the table. 

She sipped her coffee before her eyes shot back up to me as if she had remembered something.

"Oh ya! My uncle is coming to visit today, you should come and meet him!" She exclaimed.

I raised my eyebrows and thought about it for a moment. After some consideration, I finally nodded.

We catch up about everything as we sat there on the stool. We talked about many things, from my kids to her job, to just about how we were doing in the past few months.

It was a lot shorter time than before when she left me. But yet I missed so many things already.

She was blabbering a lot, which I find very cute. She would often stop mid-sentence saying she was talking too much. But if I'm being honest, I missed her voice, her excitement, just everything. I sat there completely in utterly in love with her. It feels like I'm falling all over again for her.

As if she opened a door in my heart that was long abandoned. 

After that, of course, the bill. We both fought on who was paying and let me tell you, she was determined to pay. Yet again, we finally ended up splitting the bill instead.

We took a cab back to her house, she told me her parents were out for a vacation so the only person that lives there is only herself.

Although I wouldn't say fully alone now since her uncle will be staying there for a few days.

Flo had told me that her uncle was already waiting back at her house. I did notice how she only mentioned him by her uncle. Never once did she mention his name or his job or anything.

It made me incredibly nervous, and a hint of curiosity. 

We drive up the hills, into a sort of neighborhood with huge houses. It was crazy.

As we arrived, she paid the driver and we both left the cab. The car soon left, and we stood right in front of her gate.

She went over to the side of the gate and placed some sort of code and the door of the gate swung open.

It was a pretty modern house, or should I say Mansion. it was big even for 2 people living there.

Even though it's a modern house, it still has a hint of homeyness to it if you'd call it that.

The foyer was beautiful, it was a wing foyer might I add. There were also little ponds decorating the sides of it.

"You have a beautiful house," I said.

She looked back at me and smiled. "Thankss!"

"How long have you been living here?"

She was silent for a moment. "Mmm.. For all my life I guess. Or at least as far as I remembered it being," She told me.

I nodded, and soon we arrived in the living room. 

"Stay here, I'll go call my Uncle."

She gestured her hand over to the cream-colored sofa. I sat down and saw her disappear into the halls.

After a few minutes, She had arrived back in the living room. "Here she is."

Her voice echoed through the halls, and it was getting closer and closer. 

And as soon as the silhouette was revealed by the lights, I was as shocked as I had ever been.

I saw him.

Sir Douglas Greggory.

A/N HERE!

I'M SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER! I HAD TO.

Anyway- I apologized for the lack of updates, I was sick and all that crap and needed a few weeks to rest but I'm back now and could update a lot more.

I hope you still liked this, and also don't forget to vote everyone~! <33