Ch. 14: Collapse

🎶"Mere seene ch jo laggi hoyi aa agg, oh bujhne da naa na lave. Ho jihde jeen di na koi vi wajah, oh banda kivein saah le lave? Main teri haan, teri hi rahoon, ae gal mainu aaj tak kyun na kahi?"

"The fire that's been set ablaze in my chest, it doesn't seem to take the name of distinguishing. The one that doesn't have a reason to live, how does that person take a breath? I am yours, may I always be yours, why didn't you ever say this to me?"🎶

- Oh Na Rahi | Nirmaan | Goldboy

Faris's P.O.V.

"Give me a divorce, Faris."

Her words rang in my ears as my eyes widened.

"Love?" I whispered, unable to fathom what she just uttered.

"Give me a divorce," she repeated, whimpering.

I held her face desperately as my tears finally overflowed, "You don't mean that."

She stared at me with her wet sad eyes.

"Ayaara, no," I shook my head frantically, "No. Baby, it doesn't have to come to that. We'll be happy again, like we were all these days! She won't be in our lives! It'll be just you and I, like it's always been."

The magnitude of pain in her eyes conveyed how I hurt her to the core.

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"But it's never been just you and I. You hid her and your son from me all this time, Faris."

Pull me into your arms and tell me I was just having a long nightmare, Faris. Please.

"I didn't want to lose you," his voice had a begging to it.

"You didn't lose me. There's nothing left of me to lose. You broke me. How can you put my shattered pieces back together?"

Kiss me until I'm whole again, until I'm back together again, as if I never shattered in the first place. Tell me that I'm the only woman in your life, that there was no one else.

"I'll fix everything, love. I promi-"

"You lied to me. You cheated on me," my voice then broke at the end before I tried stopping a sob, "I thought you loved me."

The overwhelmingness of the moment rendered that last vulnerable statement to slip from my mouth.

Faris pulled me to his chest and I didn't have the energy to fight him.

I remained there motionless in his embrace as I cried, "I wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with my best friend who I knew since my childhood, who cared about me, who I've had feelings for nearly my entire life... The one who would never hurt me... My first love... But you broke my heart, Faris."

Faris's P.O.V.

She continued, "I feel like I don't even know you anymore. Rather, I never knew you."

I pulled back to look at her face, imploring, "Baby, you know me! I'm your Faris," I placed her hands on my face, "Only your Faris!"

She retreated them, "You're not. You're Faryal's husband. You're Saif's dad-"

"But I only love you," I held her hand to the middle of my chest, "It's only you here. It's always only been you."

I then held her cheeks, gazing deep into her eyes, "I love you! Only you!"

"Then how could you do this?" she whispered, her tears still flowing.

I bit my lower lip and looked to the side, lowering my arms.