Ch. 19: Man on a Mission

Ayaara's P.O.V.

I stared into the mirror after setting my hair. I styled it properly after a long time.

After last night, it's not like thoughts about Faris will stop coming into my mind. My bond with him wasn't just the last five years, I've known him nearly my entire life, he's the father of my child. But I will now make a more conscious effort. I will try to not let his memories take hold of me.

My phone buzzed with a message from Yasir.

Yasir's P.O.V.

"I'm excited to start my first day as an official Amoorain Corporation employee." Ayaara said with a bright smile as she got into my car with her purse and a cloth bag containing her lunch.

There was a positivity radiating from her after a long time. This is what I wanted. Hiring Ayaara not only provided me with the best excuse to keep an eye on her, but it would help her redirect her focus.

"I wish you a well first day." I smiled.

"Thank you."

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"But what was this, Ayaara? The chef could have prepared lunch for you." Aunty said while we finished up eating at the dining table.

"No, it's alright, Aunty. I want to bring my own lunch."

"Dieting?"

"No no," I chuckled, "I just want to... Aunty, what's our first task?"

"Well, beta, I think getting my studio in order is our first priority. Let's get going."

"Sounds good."

I walked alongside her as Elora wheeled her.

"It's been sometime that I actually worked on something in here, so I don't really remember where everything is. I want to go through everything and maybe get rid of some clutter. We could also make a list of some supplies to order," Aunty told me after we reached her fashion room.

Elora left then returned with a tray of tea and set it on the table in front of the luxury benches before helping Aunty onto one of them.

"Elora, could you please bring a trash bag?"

"Of course, ma'am."

Aunty reached for my hands, "I'm so excited to be working with you, gudiya! Sit, have some tea."

"I'm full, Aunty, thank you." I responded politely before pouring her a cup and handing it to her.

"Thank you, dear. Could you open that closet and bring the grey storage bin from the shelf?"

"On it." I grinned.

I pulled the bifold doors open. The bin was large and filled to the brim with a variety of things. Just as my fingers wrapped around the handles, a light hand appeared on my wrist.

"You shouldn't lift heavy things." Yasir stated in a volume so only I could hear.

He had excused himself to his home office earlier to check a few emails after he finished eating.

I let go and gave him a small smile before he carried it to his mother.

"Yasir beta, are you going back to the office?"

"I will soon." He stood watching with his arms folded, leaning against Aunty's desk.

Walking over to sit on the bench next to Aunty, I began feeling a dull ache in my lower back.

Aunty sorted through the bin, "Oh! This pack of needles will be useful."

Yasir's P.O.V.

"Aww, Yasir, look what I found!" Ami held up a pair of knitted white baby socks, "These were yours, beta. Aren't they so cute, Ayaara? I knitted them for Yasir when he was in my stomach. Can you believe my son who is so tall like a tree once had feet this small?" She giggled.