Ch. 27: Bliss

Author's Note

Thank you to my readers for giving TMAHS a chance. When I get notifications that it's been added to reading lists, I often check what other stories are on it, and I find it such an honor when my stories are the on the same list as my favorite writers! Thanks for giving my writing your time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🎶 "Tum ho sukoon, tum ho junoon. Kyun pehle na aayi tum? Kaise mujhe tum mil gayi? Qismat pe aaye na yakeen."

"You are peace, you are passion. Why didn't you arrive before? How did I get you? I can't believe my fate." 🎶

- Kaise Mujhe | Prasoon Joshi | Benny Dayal & Shreya Ghoshal

Ayaara's P.O.V.

I was sat in the decorated living room of our family home, wearing a red, white, and gold bridal sharara suit, admiring my dark henna stain with tear-filled eyes. It still hadn't sunken in, but it was just a few hours ago that Yasir and I said qubool (I accept) and became husband and wife. Yasir was my husband, my husband!

I was officially leaving the previous chapter of my life behind. I never thought I would have gotten a divorce from Faris, let alone marry twice and give all of myself to someone who wasn't him. But Yasir wasn't just someone. What him and I shared was deeper than I could explain. He's my soulmate. I was beyond grateful to have him in my life. Never did I imagine I would be blessed with someone who loves me as much as he does, nor did I think I could love someone as much as I love him.

"Wow, Ayaara. Some of us can't even find someone, yet here you are having gotten married for the second time. You could have at least waited for Javed to marry Malaika." Sahir Bhai teased me.

My father, Sarooha Mami, Alif Mama, and the squad had flown in for the wedding. However, my grandparents, because of their age, and Mehwish Bhabi, because of baby Yusuf, couldn't make it, but we made sure to have them see the nikkah over video chat.

Amidst everyone, Yasir and I really missed Hoorain Aunty. She would have been really happy to see us get married. Amongst the bangles adorning my wrists, two sets were left behind by Aunty, one particularly for me and one for Yasir's wife. They made it feel like her blessing was with us.

With a sheepish smile, I nudged Sahir Bhai in the ribs with my elbow. But I knew he meant no harm. He was the closest to me in age amongst our family, only about 3 years older, so we always had friendly banter like this.

"Ow!... But on a serious note, Ayaara, I'm happy for you. Yasir Bhai seems like a cool guy. He's very knowledgeable about many things."

That he is. And it always made me feel very proud when people praised him.

"So, you think he meets the requirements to join our squad group chat?" I joked.

"He has the honorary privilege to join it if he wishes."

We both laughed before he got up to join Javed Bhai and Farhan Bhai.

"Sherry!" I called as she was passing by.

"Babe!" She sped over to where I was sitting.

She gave me a twirl, showing off her lavender salwar kameez, "Thanks again for the outfit, hun. I really love it."

I smiled, "You're welcome. Have you seen Yasir?"

He was mingling with some of my family, but it had been a while since I last saw him.

"I think he's in the backyard with some of your other relatives."

I nodded as I stood up.

"By the way, babes, I'm sorry to burst your bubble," she gripped my arm, now sporting a serious expression, "Don't think I will ever, ever, call him my brother-in-law. He can be everyone's brother, but that fine piece of man can never be my brother."