Ch. 31: Unveiled

🎶 "Mainu agg kehndi mere kol behja do ghadi, maitho le ja tu hawa thandiyaan. Dhoop nu vi mere te taras aa gaya, kehndi deniyaan main tainu chavaa thandiyaan... Sadde agge gham vi sarr jhukonde ne... Main aaj ikk tuteya taara vekheya, javva hi mere warga si."

"Fire tells me come sit with me, take cold air from me. Even sunlight felt bad for me, telling me I want to give you cold shade... Even sadness lowers their head in front of me... Today I saw a falling star, that was just like me." 🎶

- Taara | Jaani | Ammy Virk

Ayaara's P.O.V.

Tear drops cascaded down my cheeks, staining the record in my hands.

My Yasir... he wouldn't do anything to hurt me... but these papers... his bloodied shirt...

It felt like a million voices echoed in my head.

"Aunty, I wasn't aware Yasir and Armaan did business together."
"They don't, beta, but they both go to Dubai sometimes for some other project..."

"Yasir, what happened?!..." I'd questioned worriedly seeing red abrasions on his upper back.
"... I fell on my back while doing pullups."

"Would He forgive me?" He'd asked me quietly after I blew an Ayah over him.

"I wish you got to meet my Bhai and Bhabi before they left. I don't understand how it happened that after all this time I didn't get to arrange a lunch or dinner between all of us. Each time, either you had commitments or they did."

"Are those Yasir's?" I questioned seeing Burton holding a tray of gauze stained with yellow antiseptic.
"I've been asked to dispose of them."
"Are you hurt?" I later asked Yasir.
He kept quiet for a few seconds before answering, "I'm fine now."

"Ayaara!" Yasir took my name harshly, grabbing my arm and stopping me from entering the family home. But suddenly, his face had fallen and he'd entered, as if knowing it would be alright to do so.

"I don't get it. Nothing was stolen, so why did they do this?"
"I don't know."
"Intimidation? Do you think they were trying to scare my family?... If so, but why?... And the cameras had been cut. It all had to be planned."

"Thank you, Yasir. If you hadn't been here- I don't know..."
"I have to go to my office. Something came up..."

It was after the police had gotten in contact with him and I and arrested the criminals that mine and Yasir's conversations got shorter and shorter.

"Now that you will become my wife, and you being publicly known as a stakeholder in your father's company, I do not want our marriage or personal life to be making headlines, jaan... Accordingly, I have made a deal with the media houses and paparazzi in London to not publish any articles about our relationship or release any photos of us together... It was a tough negotiation, but they settled."

"I was waiting for you, baby. Why didn't you at least call me?"
"I am sorry, my love... When I got there, the circumstances were as such that I couldn't, so I had my assistant call you. The meeting ran long. The clients did not want to bend, but I was adamant."

"We have to go, my love."
"Jaana-...But the bill?!"
"It's been paid for... Sorry, jaan. I have an urgent meeting to attend. I apologize for making you leave our meal midway."

It felt like my mind was about to burst.

"You don't know me, Ayaara."
"I know you."
"You don't."
"I do! If I don't, then tell me what is it that I don't know?"
"There are things that I have done, that I do that I'm ashamed-"