Ch. 39: Brunch

🎶 "Ek dusre se jo bandhe humein, bahon mein nanhi si ek jaan ho. Abaad ho chota sa ghar. Lag na sake kisi ke nazar."

"Let there be a little life in our arms that connects the both of us. May our little home flourish. Let no evil eye come to it." 🎶

- Sapna Jahan | Amitabh Bhattacharya | Sonu Nigam & Neeti Mohan

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"Are you ready, jaan?"

I was sporting light foundation, winged liner, mascara, blush, and matte pink lipstick with my hair styled into beach waves while wearing a beautiful long pale-yellow maternity dress that Yasir picked out. It was our second wedding anniversary! We were going to brunch at this new upscale restaurant.

With the onset of my third trimester, my 28-week round belly made it hard for me to see my swollen feet as I walked to my husband from the bathroom, "Yes, baby."

He smiled at me before giving me a sweet peck, "You look gorgeous as always, my love."

He never failed in making me feel good even when I sometimes wasn't feeling the best in my growing body.

"Thank you." I beamed.

He took my hand and led me to the elevator, "Are you hungry?"

Keeping our fingers interlocked, I held his arm, "Very."

We stepped onto the lift.

"I am glad your nausea subsided at the start of the previous trimester, my love. It was difficult for me to see you so ill the first three months."

"Thank you for your concern, baby. I'm glad it went away too. It was so hard for me to eat, but you always made sure I did. Thank you for taking such good care of me."

"You're growing our child, my love. It's not easy."

My eyes melted out of love for him as he kissed my forehead.

I then gave him puppy eyes after I remembered, "How is the nursery going? Is it almost done? When will you let me see it?"

We were converting one of the guestrooms near our bedroom into a nursery. Yasir has been overseeing the entire project over the last few weeks. When workers would come in with supplies and boxes of who knows what, my husband would make sure to keep me out of view. He wanted to surprise me.

He sighed, "Be patient, jaan."

"But-" I closed my mouth seeing his unwavering stance and pouted, which garnered a kiss from him. I rested my head against his shoulder. I was a sucker for his affection.

When we reached the ground floor, he guided me into the living room towards the glass doors that Elora held open.

"Are we going to the driveway through the garden to fit in my daily exercise earlier?" I chuckled with a hand on my bump.

We would often stroll around the garden and front lawn or I would join him in our home gym for a very light workout that he would teach me to keep my blood pressure and sugar level in check.

"No exercise today."

I lifted an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Really."

We stepped out and passed the outdoor table when he paused. He moved behind me and wrapped an arm around my waist, his hand on the side of my big protruding tummy and the other covering my eyes.

"Wha-"

"Just trust me, my love." He whispered into my ear, his warm breath sending tingles through my body.