Chapter 12

Ok so we're finally on our way home. I look over to see a faint smile on Dabi's face as we're walking down the sidewalk. He looks happy. Time for me to annoy him.

"Hey Daaaabiiiii," I say, bumping into him with my shoulder.

He looks down at me with a small grin and then looks back ahead. "Yes, Y/N?" He says warmly. 

Oh my God I think I broke Dabi. Why is he being genuinely like, why does he sound so nice. Why does he LOOK so happy? Oh no. 

"You seem happy," I say, chuckling a bit. 

"Wha- no- I do not. Take it back," He says, stammering.

"Dabi, when we get home are you going to dye your hair right away?" I ask, ignoring his little tsundere ass.

"I mean, yeah. I have to shower after I do it though," He responds.

"Can I help you with it?" I ask, doing my best puppy dog eyes at him.

He turns to look at me and just stares at me for a second. He looks surprised. 

"I....Sure. If you want?" He says.

"I'm excited to do it, Dabi," I say with a smile. 

Just then Dabi's phone tarts ringing. He takes it out of his pocket and I see the name of the person who's calling him as "Crusty Bossman". Of course that's what he put him as. Do the League of Villains even have phones? Bro what the hell is going on my whole world got flipped turned upside down just now seeing that.

Dabi slides the little green phone button to the middle. "Hello?" He says irritated. 

"Dabi, where the hell are you?" A familiar raspy voice fires back. 

"Uh, out? We'll be back," Dabi says, answering Shiggy.

"Get ho-*boss you need to eat these vegetables*...God dangit, Kurogiri don't patronize me while I'm ordering people around!"  We hear a new voice, I'm assuming it's Kurogiri's, enter into the phone call. 

Dabi lets out a small chuckle as he laughs at the scene we're hearing play out. 

"Kurogiri I don't need your stupid vegetables, I'm like a God! *Please just eat them, I'm begging of you.* You're embarrassing me Kurogiri!"

We hear shuffling at the other end of the phone call and some whispering. Dabi and I look over at each other and give a knowing smile, holding back laughter. 

"Ok, as I was saying, get home, I need you here," Shigaraki finally replies desperately. 

"We'll be on our way, 'Master' Shigaraki," Dabi mocks, using air quotes when saying 'master'.

Dabi hangs up the phone call with a beep and shoves the phone back in his pocket as we continue walking. There's a little silence between us before he speaks up.

"Ya know, Shigaraki never eats his vegetables," He informs me. 

"Why?" I ask.

"Don't ask me, he probably just doesn't like the taste because he's a man child," Dabi says spitefully. 

"Hey, don't be mean to Shiggy, he's been through a lot," I say, tapping him on the shoulder. 

He turns to look at me. He turns to look at me. "He's been through a lot? We all have, and yet he thinks going through a lot makes him this glorious leader," Dabi says irritated.

"Dabi, all the members of the League of Villains have been through a lot, but that made you guys come together, it made you like a family, Shiggy is trying to make this whole organization seem as unified as it could possibly be.....in his own little Shiggy way," I say, giving him a smile.

Dabi seems to soften a tiny, little, teeny weeny, bit. I don't know why he seems so hostile towards the idea of Shiggy trying to lead them in this moment, but I don't want that frustration to fester inside of him. I find his arm with mine and intertwine them. He gazes into my eyes with a small hint of happiness for just a moment, and then turns back around to face forward. 

We continue walking for a while until we reach the doorstep of the hideout.  

------

A/n

Ok guys it's been a while, sorry???? I didn't mean to not update it like idk what happened but here you go, I'm not really sure where to take it after this but I'll think of something and I'll hopefully get it out soon instead of waiting like a month?? Bye now :))