12 | Sherwood Forest

Caroline's POV

Caroline's POV

I was riding through the forest, it was a long journey to the Locksley castle and I was aware Georgie must be exhausted. As I wanted to stop, suddenly two men jumped out of bushes, aiming their arrows at me. "Donation, please." One of the men said. "I beg you pardon? Donation? For what?" I asked, staying on Georgie's back. "For passage through Sherwood." The other man answered with pride. I raised my eyebrows about it. "Very well. Come and get it."

As the men was about to approach me, Georgie neighed, kicking one of them and I grabbed the other by collar. Fortunately they were amateurs indeed. "How dare you attack people! What if children were running around, you would scare them! You should be ashamed of yourselves!" I said in slight anger. "It's our job, girl." The man shrieked in pain as he started organize himself after Georgie's kick. "Who is your employer?" I asked, caressing Georgie's hair to calm him down.

"Robin Hood." The other answered, making me widen eyes. I couldn't believe it. My Robin? "R-Robin? I..I must see him at once. Quickly!" I said in rush, leading Georgie to the deeper part of the forest. "You can't go down there! He's not expecting you!" The men tried to stop me but they instantly stopped as a familiar voice appeared. "Caroline?" I looked back and soft smile formed on my face. "Robin..Robin!" Robin laughed out happily, rushing to me. "Caroline, sissy!" He grabbed me from the horse, spinning me around like I was little kid again.

"I missed you so much. Thank God, you're alright." Robin said as he embraced me very tight. "Awh, don't crush me! I missed you so much too, Robin, so very much." I chuckled lovingly, embracing him back. "But the Sheriff...that goddamn son of a...Did you... How did you escape?" Robin kept asking me, checking me from all angles if I'm alright. "I didn't escape, Robin. George...I mean Sheriff...He let me go." I answered, little smile as I remembered about him. "That horrible tyrant?!" Robin freaked out.

"But he's different now, Robin. He's changed somehow." I admitted, reassuring Robin although it was clear it has no point. He and propably entire Nottinghamshire didn't know George the way I did. It was a shame. "Besides, look, he gifted me this horse." I smiled, nodding over Georgie. Robin approached Georgie and was surprised how well behaved he is. "Good boy..well, you'll have to tell me about this change later. Now I think you both would use a break." Robin said, glancing at me and Georgie. I gladly accepted, following Robin.

Robin lead me through the outlaw's camp he and his associates created in Sherwood forest. I was surprised how huge it was and how many people were there. It was an entire village! There were women doing laundry, kids playing, men practicing archery and swordplay, others working on defenses, camouflaging a giant pit. I was impressed but felt little nervous as these people were turning their faces at me, studying me. Robin held my hand, while everyone started recognize who I might be. "You must be Caroline." I little jumped back as a woman approached me.