14 | Sanderson Sisters

Caroline's POV

Caroline's POV

I had no idea where I was or what time it was. Georgie rode with me miles away and the tears in my eyes couldn't stop. For a moment I had something I dreamed about and the other moment I lost it all. My mother. I played in my head. Our eye contact and then how we were seperated. It broke me completely. I continued to sob in Georgie's hair as he continued to ride with me away. I realized we must have got lost, the forest was deep and very dark, so we had to stop to organize ourselves. "Good boy." I caressed him as I got down, wiping my tears.

I looked around, the forest looked the same from all sides, it would be a miracle if we even found way out of here. Suddenly I heard a sound, approaching me. I panically looked around, excepting the worst. "Wulf..?" I gasped as I saw my young friend, running to me. "Oh, Wulf, it's you! You're alright!" I hugged him tight, relieved nothing has happened to him. "The monsters captured my parents and Will too." Wulf sobbed as he hugged me tight as well. "I'm sorry..I'm so sorry, they taken my...my mom too." I held back my sobbing, I had to be strong for him.

"You're mom...that witch..? That was your mom?" Wulf looked up. I nodded in sorrow. "For a moment, I had a hope to finally know who I am...and now...I lost her. I lost her like I lost George. Like I lost Uncle, Robin...It's all my fault..." I sat on the ground, hugging my knees. Wulf instantly sat down to me and hugged me again. "It's not your fault. My mom always use to say I should find the positive side in everything. That's why I know that I'll see her again. I'm sure your mom would want you to do the same."

"You're the sweetest boy, I've ever met. One day you'll make one girl really happy." I smiled warmly, caressing his hair. He chuckled about it but then something caught his interest. "What is that?" I looked down to see the black candle Marabella gifted me. "I don't know...she gifted it to me before we got separated." I answered, studying it. "Well, we could use it to keep ourselves warm at least." Wulf handed me some stones and I carefully created fire to light up the candle.

Me and Wulf stared at the candle as we excepted it to shine but instead of light, the flame literally sucked in the light it, like a black hole. "That's strange." I muttered but jumped back at sudden explosion from the candle while at the same time a strange howling wind emanated out of the flame. As we heard a hellish laughter and screaming, Wulf grabbed my arm and dragged me behind few trees to keep us hidden. I had no idea what was going on until the ground started to shake and with a final storm, three silhouettes appeared.

"Lock up your children and yourselves. Yes, we're back!" The female voice echoed through the entire forest. I widened my eyes as I saw the unknown three silhouettes in full glory. They were cheering from their sudden appearance. "Are these Sanderson sisters?" Wulf gasped, trembling. "Who..?" I asked as I was completely clueless. "My mom use to read me about them. Sarah, Mary and Winifred, the worst of working witches. They were the most feared and powerful witches of their age until they were hanged. But they're alive now?!" Wulf panicked, his fear made me even more nervous.