1 | Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, that's the way many fairytales start

Once upon a time, that's the way many fairytales start. But can we call this story a fairytale? As long as there is just the tiniest sparkle of magic, we certainly can.

Once upon a time, well, in 14th century happened a story you may know very well. But do we know how it really was? The tale of Robin Hood and his Merry Men, the tale of Robin Hood's neverdying love to Maid Marian or the tale about the villain Sheriff of Nottingham, they defeated? Well, these are the ones you know but did it never bother you how come that Sheriff's mother was a witch? Let's see, back then witches were nothing to mess with.

Witches were evil and dangerous by nature as they often lured innocent into their traps and practiced dangerous spells. Although witches are powerful and ruthless, there's always a bright hope of something, better said someone better. And that was her. Marabella. Marabella was indeed powerful but she wasn't as cruel as others of her kind. As the matter of fact Marabella was the only one who felt empathy, not hatred.

Her heart opened to the King Richard, known to you as Lionheart. Young witch found herself drawn to the unknown feeling with this human ruler. The feeling called love. And it was pure love, something no witch ever experienced. For Marabella, the feelings she shared with Richard were more powerful than any of her magic abilities, so she dedicated leave all her magic self to become human just like the one she loved so dearly

The love remained stronger than any rules, so Marabella and King Richard got married, without knowledge that Marabella will recieve the greatest gift of all. Giving birth to her daughter, Caroline. Marabella thought she already faced the greatest beauty of life but it all changed when she laid eyes on her little princess. The admiration and happiness she felt, made her finally the human she wished to be, leaving all the darkness of her witch self behind.

Yes, everything was just as it should be. They knew themselves to be the most happy of families to live as they did and to love each other so. But sorrow can come to any kingdom, no matter how happy. As being said witches were dangerous evil creatures, but none of them were as cruel as the one you know so well, Mortianna. Mortianna always despised Marabella for her outstanding abilities and wanted nothing else than be better than her. When the evil witch found out that Marabella gave birth to Caroline she quickly realized the child will be the most powerful of all for having blood of witch and human.

Mortianna was blinded by power she wanted posess, planning her terrible revenge. It was the night that everything turned upside down. The night Mortianna attacked the kingdom and kindapped Marabella and her main subject, little princess Caroline.

"You can't do this! YOU CAN'T DO THIS, MORTIANNA! GIVE HER BACK TO ME! GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER!" Marabella screamed in agony as she was prisoned in cell, watching Mortianna, holding Caroline in her arms. "Stop screaming, you wench! This all is your fault! You gave up your powers for something as foolish as love. The only profit is this little brat. The brat that will lead me to become the greatest of working witches!" Mortianna smirked, walking away with the baby. "No..NO! WINIFRED IS THE MOST POWERFUL! SHE AND RICHARD WILL SAVE US! THEY WILL COME AND SAVE US!" Marabella remained shouting, not prepared to give up.