23: He's outside

"Quil's outside" I hear dads voice coming from my door.

"Who?" I rub my eyes and roll over.

"Quil Ateara" He walks away.

"I'll be right there" I shot up and go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, hair face. "Shit what am I wearing" I run back to the my room and throw something on quickly.

 "Shit what am I wearing" I run back to the my room and throw something on quickly

After shoving myself into the outfit I ran downstairs and swung open the door.

"Good morning Quil" I step out and close the door behind me.

"Good morning, sorry I came unannounced, it'll be quick, Embry is waiting for me" Quil points to Embry who is sitting inside his car with a wide smile.

"Hi Em!" I shout and wave.

"Hello Y/n!" He shouts back.

"So um" I scratch my neck. "Why are you here?" I walk closer to the tree line.

"To talk about the" He bites his lip. "The Kiss" he blurs out.

"I'm so sorry so so sorry" I spat out. "I was really really drunk and I didn't mean to kiss you" I shift weight nervously.

"Oh" was all he said.

"We are still friends right?" I ask.

"Yeah yeah" He scratches his neck.

"I'm sorry I'm getting a call, hold on" I give him a small smile and he nods. "Hello?"

"Did you not save my number?"

"Oh no, I did under asshole I just didn't bother to check" I glance at Quil.

"Alright no need to get aggressive, I just called to ask if I could pick you up from school Friday?" He chuckles.

"Um yeah yeah could I call you back though I'm a little busy right now"

"Oh yeah, I'll be waiting"

"Okay, bye" I hang up. "I'm sorry"

"That's okay, but it's all I came here to talk about I guess"

"Are we okay?" I ask.

"Yeah why wouldn't we be? We're friends" He gives me a smile, but his eyes said something else.

"Okay" I hug him and he hugs back.

"I have to go before Embry flips out" Quil laughs.

"Yeah" I laugh. "Sorry again about everything"

"Stop apologizing, bye" He walks back to Embry's car.

"Bye" I walk up the steps. "Bye Em!" I shout and wave.

"Bye!"

I wait for them to drive away before walking inside my house and closing the door behind me.

"What did he want?"

"He just wanted to clear the air"

"Clean the air?"

"Dad!" I whine.

"Alright sorry" he puts his hands up. "I have to go, I'll be home late" He kisses my head and leaves.

"Bella!" I shout.

"What?!"

"Pancakes or waffles?!"

"Waffles! Do we have strawberries and Nutella?!"

"Uh" I open the refrigerator. "Yeah!"

"I'll be right down!"

I take out the strawberries and wash them, taking out the calyx and cutting them in half, then Bella comes downstairs in jeans and long sleeve shirt.

"Bells take out the frozen waffle and pop them in th-"

"I know" she laughs.

"How did you sleep?" I ask.

"Good, how about you?"

"I spelt good too" I smile.

"I heard a boy was here?" She asks.

"Oh yeah, a friend from the rez"

"Uuuuu is it the guy you were telling me about last night?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"No" I laugh. "He's friends with Jacob and I"

"Oh okay"