Chapter 9 - Gift of Chocolate

Momoko: "Finally... I've finally done it... With this, surely... Surely this year! I'll give Hajime Sugoroku some chocolate! It's good that I gave it my all in making these, but... just how am I supposed to hand them over..."

Mitsuru: "Won't it all work out if you just hand them over normally?"

Momoko turned and knocked him into the wall.

Jinx: "Mitsuru!"

Momoko: "How many times do I have to tell you not to suddenly pop up like that before you get it?!"

Mitsuru: "Sorry..."

Momoko: "Hm? Mitsuru, why is 33 with you?"

Mitsuru: "I'm babysitting her. Hajime said, and I quote, 'get this kid out of my sight before I do something I might regret!'"

I frowned.

Momoko: "What happened?"

Mitsuru: "Apparently, she spilled Hajime's coffee all over his papers."

Jinx: "It was an accident!"

He lifted me onto his shoulders.

Mitsuru: "It's okay, 33, cause now you get to spend the day with your fun Uncle Mitsuru."

I giggled.

Jinx: "What are you doing, Momoko?"

Momoko: "You don't know about Valentine's day, child?"

I shook my head.

Momoko: "It's a day of the year where people give chocolate to their loved ones."

Mitsuru: "That's right. And our Warden here has some chocolate for one Hajime Sugoroku, am I right?"

Momoko: "Sh-shut it! It's none of your business! Ah, that's right. I had some to give to everyone else, too. I have to hand them out quickly."

Mitsuru: "Is there some for me too? I want chocolate too!"

Jinx: "And me!"

Mitsuru: "I'll share some of mine with you."

I smiled.

Momoko: "Honestly, there's really no helping you. I already have some for you, even if you didn't press me."

Jinx & Mitsuru: "Yaay, we got some chocolate!"

She handed him a small box. But he accidentally dropped it. My eyes widened when it dropped like a stone, creating a huge dent in the floor.

Jinx: "HAAH?!"

Mitsuru: "Warden, what is this?!"

Momoko: "What are you talking about? It's chocolate, obviously."

Mitsuru: "Really? This is really chocolate?!"

Jinx: "Seriously?!"

Momoko: "Alright, time to give everyone their chocolate without delay!"

She left. Mitsuru put me down and tried to lift the small box out of the floor.

Mitsuru: "Heavy! It's super heavy! The hell is this? It's so heavy!!"

Jinx: "Lift with your legs, Mitsuru."

Mitsuru: "I can't pick it up at all, what's going on?! It's chocolate, right?! This is chocolate?!"