Chapter 18 - Basement Again

Jyugo held me tight on the way down. I closed my eyes and when I heard two crashes, I opened my eyes. I was upside down and Jyugo was still holding me. I wriggled out and got a good look at what happened. Both Jyugo and Hajime landed straight on their heads.

Jinx: "AH-! Oh god, are you two alright?! Jyugo?! Hajime?!"

They eventually manage to pull their heads out of the ground and I heaved a sigh of relief.

Jyugo: "OOOWW..."

I hugged him.

Jyugo: "Hey, are you alright?"

Jinx: "Yeah, I'm not hurt."

Hajime: "Ow... shit, what the hell is going on?"

Jyugo: "Where are we, Hajime?"

Hajime: "LIKE I'D KNOW! We're probably in the basement, but we hardly ever use it, so I've got no clue."

Jinx: "Hm... a long forgotten basement that hasn't been used in forever? Geez, not this again."

Jyugo: "Hurry up and call Yamato or somebody. He's probably just doing early morning training, anyway."

Hajime: "As if I'd be carrying any communication equipment before my shift even starts."

Jyugo: "The hell, you're useless!"

Jinx: "Yeah, who even are you? Not our supervisor."

He clutched our heads and lifted us, clearly furious.

Hajime: "And just whose fault do you think it is that I had to come in early?! Hah?!"

Jyugo: "Sorry."

Jinx: "That hurts, Hajime! Let go!"

Hajime: "And you, 33! Why didn't you warn us about the long drop with your super powered senses?!"

Jinx: "HAH?! Listen, in case you've forgotten, my nose and ears are good, not my eyes! It was pitch black in there- I mean... up there."

Hajime: "Tch... you two especially cause me trouble every damn day with your esca-"

He stopped when he noticed the camera in the room.

Jyugo: "What?"

Hajime: "That's the latest surveillance camera. If I remember right, it shouldn't have been installed yet. The basement, the cameras, everything was out of my control..."

Jinx: "What do you mean?"

Hajime: "I dunno. But I'm certain that someone is observing us right now."

Jinx & Jyugo: "Who?"

He just dropped without answering. Again, I landed on your feet, Jyugo landed on his butt.

Jyugo: "Ouch..."

I helped him up.

Hajime: "C'mon, you two. Let's hurry up and go."

Jyugo: "Ah, wait for us, Hajime-"

We followed him.

Hajime: "Don't say anything unnecessary. We're getting out of here, asap. There's no time."

Jyugo: "Hajime's unusually impatient, huh?"

Jinx: "Does that mean this place is super dangerous? Or is there something else...?"

Hajime: "I won't make it in time for my shift at this rate."

Jinx & Jyugo: "That's it?!"