Chapter 44 - The Champion & The Clutz

I sat in Jyugo's lap as we listened to Musashi's story.

Musashi: "Now, after about a week of us being cellmates,"

Musashi: "This sucks... I'm craving a drink, but it's stupid to ask the guards for anything of the sort."

Jyugo: "... If that's what you want, then let's go get it."

Musashi: "Wait- wha?"

Musashi: "We busted out that night. Headed down to a bar."

Jinx: "You make it sound so easy."

Musashi: "It was with Jyugo. Anyway, we somehow got jobs there. Some guys there challenged me to a drinking contest, but I beat them easily."

Musashi: "Another!"

"Woaaah, another favourite to win just got crushed!" "Just who is this guy?!"

Musashi: "Bring on the next round! I'll take em two at a time!"

"Woah, just how much can this guy drink?!" "Ain't he already out stripped all the past champs?" "He's totally gonna snatch the title, bro." "Alright, I'm gonna place my bets on this kid!" "Me too!" "Me three!" "He still looks totally fine!" "This is getting interesting!" "Has the match been decided?" "Since when did this bar get an employee like that?" "Don't lose, kid!"

Jinx: "Germans sure can hold their liquor."

Musashi: "You got that right, kid. Jyugo however, he's underage so he got the waiter job."

Jyugo: "I did?"

Bartender: "C'mon, don't just stand there, newbie! Quit yer dawdling!"

Jyugo: "H-how did things turn out like this...?"

Musashi: "And yet, the clutz managed to break something already."

Bartender: "What the hell did you do?! That was expensive, you know! You'd better compensate me for this, damnit! Hey, are you listening?!"

Musashi: "I-I'm so sorry, this guy's my companion... hey, what're you doing?! Hurry up and apologize!"

Jyugo: "...I'm sorry..."

Musashi: "Uhm, I'll take care of it somehow, so-"

Bartender: "And how're you gonna do that, huh?! You think you can pay upfront?! This ain't something you can pay for with some brat's pocket change!"

Musashi: "Th-that's... uhmm..."

Musashi: "And so, I entered this drinking tournament to try and win the prize money."

Musashi: "You'd better remember this, Jyugo."

Jyugo: "Hm?"

Jinx: "You don't remember, do you?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

Musashi: "*sigh* Of course you don't..."

Musashi: "I wonder if it's really okay to go about it like this. Is it really alright to earn money this way? To get paid just for drinking a bunch of beer? Money is normally something you earn by working, right? Just what the hell did I study so hard for?"