#35 - Until The End (Final)

"What is this?" Taehyung whispers, staring at the woman in bewilderment.

He steps down from the throne to stand directly opposite her, studying her expression.

"What are you doing?"

Kyungmi stays silent, but she holds his gaze. Her eyes flicker to Yoongi's as he knows sort of what she's doing. He doesn't know why she's here, but he knows who she is not pretending to be anymore.

"I heard about Beomgyu," She finally speaks, flicking her eyes back to Taehyung's. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't," Pressing his lips together, he shakes his head. "Don't say his name. Don't talk about him. Not until you answer me. What are you doing?"

"There was one thing I didn't tell you on the night we danced in the rain. Or when we were at Rae's house sharing our deepest memories. Or them moments when you kept asking yourself why Yoonhee wanted me dead so badly." Kyungmi speaks.

The King clenches his teeth together, running his eyes up and down her body to examine her clothing. Scoffing, he lightly nods and turns his head away.

"So this is who you are? This is what you've been keeping from me? From everyone?" His voice begins to rise as his annoyance does.

"Not everyone." Once again, her eyes glance at Yoongi and he tenses. Taehyung follows her gaze and stares at his protector.

Yoongi then quietly speaks. "I found out when I went to go find her after you kicked her out the palace."

Taehyung takes a sharp intake of breath. "That was days ago. You didn't think of telling me afterwards?"

"I told him not to, it wasn't his fault," Kyungmi calmly defends him.

Sharply turning his head back towards her he takes more steps forwards so they're in close proximity.

"Say it. I want to hear the words come out of your lying mouth that ironically won't be a lie this time."

She can sense his pain as she feels it too. But she doesn't show it on her face. Because then it'll make her seem weak. So instead, she parts her lips and says the words she's never said to him; the words he doesn't want her to say.

"I'm the Queen of Seoul."

Taehyung forces a smile as soon as he hears it. He can't even look her in the eye. His gaze is casted aside as he runs his fingers along his lips.

"Yoonhee is my protector. She's been pretending to be the Queen since we were children-"

"Stop. Just stop," He harshly whispers, raising his finger up to his lips and taking one last step forwards her so they're breathing in the same air, burning his eyes into hers.

"What was all of this then, hm? This, us. All of this time you spent here. Was it all just a part of your plan to betray me? To stab me in the back which is ironic because that's exactly what happened to you, and now it's what, my turn?"

She breathes in. "That wasn't my intention-"

Kyungmi's voice catches in her throat as he suddenly grabs ahold of her non-injured wrist (to her relief).

The guards behind her unleash their swords and take a step closer, but she calmly raises her other hand for them to stop, and they do.

Taehyung then notices the cuts on her other wrist as she lifts it. His eyebrows furrow as to how they got there, then realising that they were self-inflicted when he feels his heart drop slightly.