#14 - Confession

~The next day~

Author's POV

"Your majesty? Prince Beomgyu is awake."

Them words make the King's eyes snap open. Hastily he stands to his feet, and followed by his protector the two of them make their way towards the room where Beomgyu is currently being held in.

The King's been waiting for him to wake up ever since it happened. It's been agonising, waiting for his little brother to awaken from almost being killed.

Lying down with bandages around his head, the Prince slowly turns his head to his brother standing in the doorway.

"Hyung." He says, surprised.

Taehyung gulps, walking over to Beomgyu and sitting down next to him. Grabbing his hand, the King leans it onto his cheek whilst his eyes cling onto his brother's.

"How do you feel?"

"Okay, I guess. My head is pounding so try and speak a little quieter." Beomgyu answers, the weak tone of his voice making Taehyung even more worried.

"Please...please do not scare me like that again Beomgyu." Taehyung sighs and closes his eyes.

"Sorry. I'll try not to in the future." Beomgyu lightly laughs.

"How can you be laughing right now?" Taehyung questions. "Beomgyu you could've died!"

"But I didn't, hyung. I'm alive." Beomgyu simply replies.

Sighing, Taehyung rubs presses down onto his forehead with his fingers. Then, he looks back up at Beomgyu.

"Well it's not going to happen again, okay? I promise. She won't hurt you anymore." 

Beomgyu's eyebrows slightly furrow. "Who?"

"The woman who did this to you." Taehyung's jaw clenches. "The prisoner who I had locked in that room upstairs; who you brought food to."

"Do you mean Kyungmi?" Beomgyu realises.

The Kind nods.

Beomgyu lays there in silence, thinking of the words his brother has just told him. And he becomes a little stuck.

"But...Kyungmi didn't hurt me."

Taehyung blinks in confusion, furrowing his eyebrows. He figures that since it happened so fast Beomgyu didn't get a proper look at the culprit.

"What are you talking about?"

"Kyungmi didn't hurt me. I didn't really get a good look at the ones who did it but it was these men. Two of them, if I'm remembering correctly. One of them hit my head as I was coming out of Kyungmi's room and the next thing I know I wake up in here."

Yoongi listens intently to the Prince's words, narrowing his eyes and warily tilting his head. Taehyung has the same reaction.

"The blood...your blood was on her hands, your highness. It was her." Yoongi clarifies, stepping forwards.

But Beomgyu looks over at Yoongi and slowly shakes his head, curtesy of the bandages wrapping it.

"She must've noticed what happened and tried helping me then. But she isn't the one who tried to kill me, Yoongi." Beomgyu repeats his words to Yoongi. He looks back at his brother too.

But as he looks at his brother, he notices his expression slowly starting to fall. His eyes dart to the ground whilst thinking hard.

Beomgyu finds this odd, and looks at Yoongi to only see him playing the same expression on his face.