#29 - Save Your Tears

Kyungmi's POV

"Have you ever thought something of someone but then just end up being stabbed in the back and lied to?" I mumble, playing with his large fingers in my lap.

After Rae left Taehyung decided to make himself more comfortable, by letting me lie backwards on his chest as his back is against the bed frame. His arms are losely around my torso and head leaning against the side of mine.

I ended up telling him what Rae told me; of how I had discovered the truth about my parents. Yoongi came in shorrlt after Taehyung did, but also decided to leave as he saw the state I was in.

I hear him take a breath in from behind me, feel his chest vibrate against my back as he speaks. "Well this one time when I was little, before Beomgyu was born, Yoongi told me that I was adopted and my real parents were abducted by evil aliens. And I ended up believing it for two years until my parents told me he was messing with me. I then refused to talk to him for about half a year. But I don't think this is the same situation."

A chuckle leaves my lips. "Yoongi had you wrapped around his little finger for two years?"

"Sadly, yes. But I was only four when he first told me so my gullibleness was acceptable." He says to defend his younger self.

Clearing his throat, he shifts a little but not too much to agrivate the wound on my upper left side of my back. "How does it feel?"

I nod faintly. "A little better."

"Thanks, by the way. For taking that arrow. You're insane, can I just add." He then says with a hint of sarcasm.

I chuckle. "Better me than you."

"No it's not Kyungmi," his voice changes into a serious one. "You mean a lot to me and for you to just give yourself up without hesitation...how could you?"

"I'm alive though, so it doesn't matter." I quickly reply and clear my throat. "Anyway, I'm assuming everything went well in Incheon?"

Taehyung hums in agreement. "We came to an acceptable agreement to come to each other's aid when needed."

I nod in approval, and then my mind travels to our earlier conversation about my parents. "How old were you when your parents passed away?"

"I was six when my mother died." He answers, taking in a faint breath whilst thinking of the memory.

But then I realise something. "Aren't you six years older than Beomgyu?"

Taehyung stays quiet for a few seconds, before I hear him hum in agreement.

"So that means..." I trail off, thinking of the rest of my words and not wanting to say them.

"Beomgyu never knew her," he finishes my sentence. "She died giving birth to him."

My eyes close in sympathy. I can't bring myself to turn around and look him in the eye, since I can already tell what I'll see from him slightly tightening his arms around me. "Oh Taehyung, I'm so sorry."

"And the idiot still blames himself for it." A forced chuckle leaves his lips. "Myself, Yoongi and my father told Beomgyu plenty of times that it wasn't his fault, but I can't blame him for thinking it."

My heart drops when I hear him sniffle. "And then my father passed away when I was ten, Beomgyu four. He was killed in action against another Kingdom."

Now I turn my body around to face him, keeping in mind to move slowly from my wound. I look in his eyes to see him blinking a couple tears down his face. He returns my gaze down at me and faintly smiles.