Chapter 2 - Killing One's Own Life

Chapter 2 - Killing One's Own life

When Luo Mingli regained his senses, his eyes opened and the sight that appeared in front of him was a room laid in red.

Looking down, all his robes were red and fancy with many embellishments added for an extravangent sight.

The scent of incense permanated through the room and a dim glow of light from the candles lit set a warm tone.

He seemed to be in a wedding chamber. There was a red veil over his head and he lifted it to one side.

Luo Mingli did not panic and instead recalled his latest memories and strung them together to understand the situation.

His master had told him that if he did not survive the tribulation, his life would be more difficult and it seems that he had failed without even being able to resist, let alone lift a finger.

Or else, why would he be in marriage clothes getting married?

No one would be able to do this to him unless they had a higher cultivation than him or his master. However, his master's power was unfathomable so the chance was even less than trying to ascend to the god realm.

Just from this, Luo Mingli was very calm and knew that this situation was something his master had foreseen so adequate preparations had been made for him to deal with this.

Memories had begun to integrate itself in his mind as well and he noticed he had a dagger in his lapel.

Once he knew, his body moved on its own and the dagger was now in his hands.

Luo Mingli was confused and suspicious. He couldn't control his body at all and the dagger was aimed at himself.

It was positioned right to his heart and his eyes constricted. With all his strength, Luo Mingli resisted the power to pierce himself.

This was also when he found out that his body had no cultivation at all.

But he couldn't take a deeper look as he tried to figure out why this was happening.

Soon, he found it.

In the memories, the body's name was also called Luo Mingli and he had just turned 16 this year. He was an orphan who was picked up by an elder in the Zheng family and adopted him into the family.

However, the people in the Zheng family did not like the fact that a child from such lowly origins managed to become part of the Zheng family so they bullied and harassed him.

The reason why he was in this current predicament was because the young lady of the Zheng family did not want to marry the seventh Prince and threw a tantrum.

However, this could not change as it was an imperial decree from the emperor. Therefore, the patriarch of the Zheng family, decided to change the person to Luo Mingli to marry off the seventh Prince in his daughter's place which the emperor had agreed to.

And the reason the lady of the Zheng family refused to marry the seventh Prince was because of his well known notorious reputation.

The seventh prince was known for being brutal and cruel, killing anyone who slights him.

The other reason was also because the seventh Prince was not favoured by the emperor but because of his high cultivation and talents, no one could really go against him.

Now, as for the reason why Luo Mingli's body is currently trying to commit suicide?

The reason was simple, Luo Mingli is not a part of the Zheng family and was just an orphan that had been adopted so he was chosen as the stand in. Of course the Zheng family doesn't care about such a lowly person, so they decided that he would be better off dead on the same day of his marriage between the seventh Prince so as to not use the Zheng family name as a type of backing.

No one would suspect that it was the Zheng family who had killed him either as he was known for being a waste unable to cultivate and the seventh prince's bad reputation was so well known so the fact that his partner would rather commit suicide than stay by his side was normal.

There was also the addition of everyone knowing that the seventh Prince was not marrying a real member of the Zheng family. So even if he did not commit suicide, with the prince's arrogant and prideful temperament, marrying such a thing would be a huge humiliation for him so he would've ended up dead either ways.

That was how everyone thought.

However, how could people know the thoughts of others? Luo Mingli who had the original memories and emotions integrated with him, knew that the original owner did not want to die.

There was a spell cast on his body that would force him to kill himself once he grabbed the dagger on his body.

Such a spell was easy for Luo Mingli to break but because the body he was in had no cultivation, he couldn't break it.

The only to break it was to either try absorbing and controlling the energy around him to break the spell or to find someone else to help break it for him.

Luo Mingli wanted to do the first method but cultivating in this predicament wouldn't be easy and it was time consuming.

The body he was in was weak and didn't have enough stamina to keep the blade from stabbing him long enough to control the energy.

So the only choice he could choose was the second one.

Luo Mingli now understood how difficult his life would be here.

As soon as he wakes up, he's already about to die.

Wonderful!

He struggled for a few minutes. The blade was already near his chest, a few inches away.

There was some sweat dripping down his face as he tried to move the blades direction so that even if he does end up being stabbed, it wouldn't be as fatal.

Bang——!

Suddenly, the doors flew open and a tall figure in black and red robes walked in.

His long black hair fluttered and swished passed, leaving a scent of agarwood which mixed together with the incense in the room.

There was a sense of majesty, the oppression coming from his body was full of dominance and charm.

The man was very handsome, sword like eyebrows, straight nose, thin bloodless lips and flawless skin. What was most attractive was his phoenix shaped eyes and when narrowed, would show a type of seductiveness. There was also a mole next to his lips which further enhanced his beauty.

His scarlet eyes, which were like the colour of blood, narrowed as he saw the Luo Mingli in front of him.

Then, he opened his lips. "What are you doing?"

________