Chapter 23

Skull jumping spiders were not easy to kill due to their fast agility and small body. However, it was easy to lure them over by stringing them with qi. From there, they would be hooked on the one thing that gave them nutrients and fall straight into their trap.

The diagram lit up and sliced the Skull Jumping spiders apart.

"I didn't expect them to be this foolish, but a monster is still a monster." Rong Yuhang stepped out and crushed his heel on a staggering spider while smiling.

"Low intelligence is just something ones born with. Right~?"

Luo Mingli crouched down to examine the corpses and take some into his pouch while replying to his highness. "Everything your highness says has words of wisdom and experience. It is beyond my comprehension of understanding."

"There you go again flattering me~ It makes me want to rip your tongue out since it sounds more like you're insulting me somehow ahaha~"

"But my tongue only speaks the words of which your highness deserves. Too much credit is due what's worth."

Rong Yuhang fanned himself with the fan covering the lower half of his face. He looked away with a slight blush on his face and mulled over his words briefly thinking, 'He has a really good way of speaking with his words. Maybe he can be useful for when those wrinkly, old fogey bastards talk about my finances kekeke~'

Luo Mingli surveyed the area and stepped over some steep grounds before discovering a hidden cave underneath a huge cliff. Vines and webs surrounded the entrance with thorns sharply coated with dried blood and animal bones on the ground. A few human skeletons were identified making one wonder what type of creature resided behind all these threatening traps.

In the whole of this secret realm, only one significant plot point was described for an entire arc and it belonged to this very cave. Just by following the needlessly long, overly detailed description of the location, Luo Mingli did not need any more to deduce as he stepped out of the bushes and approached the entrance.

Then, a hand held his shoulder.

"This prince orders you to wait."

That haughty and arrogant tone could only belong to Rong Yuhang who squinted his eyes peculiarly and with inquisitive thoughts. Judging by the thinly laid webs that were partially invisible, this hidden cave could be the Skull Jumping Spider's nest.

"An ant is as insignificant as a human's tail, but an army of ants is a giant's worst nightmare." Rong Yuhang said. "Now follow behind me, I'm afraid you would be bitten to death with your pitiful body."

"Yes your highness." He may not be the one being bitten but for others, who knows...? A small smile spread to his lips but he kept a neutral expression.

Rong Yuhang cut the surrounding vines in the way. The entrance was dark and there was a distinct foul smell causing his brows to furrow as he placed the fan over his face.

"To make this holy prince inhale such putrid air, when I find the culprit I'll make them suffer a thousand stitches to the head."

As much as Luo Mingli would like to spite this 'holy' prince on his speech, the cave system was more complex than expected and memorising the directions was more important. Rong Yuhang had used his thunder attribute to grace them with light and stopped in front of ten tunnels.

"We shall take this road." Rong Yuhang pointed to the hole mid-right.

"May this one inquire the reasoning?"

"Simple." Rong Yuhang snorted. "I am the seventh prince and therefore, we choose the seventh hole."

Luo Mingli, "......" I shouldn't  have asked.