Chapter 5 - Difference

Luo Mingli was left alone once again in the wedding Chambers.

The arrival of the Seventh Prince was unexpected as the novel stated that Rong Yuhang despised his new marriage partner and so, never came.

That was how the Luo Mingli in the novel had died. He killed himself and Rong Yuhang did not even look at his body once.

The real cause of death came from the hands of the Zheng family, this wrong will definitely be paid in the future.

As for why the seventh Prince would come, Luo Mingli didn't think much about it. Since the novel has become a reality, differences from the novel were bound to happen.

Luo Mingli decided to add that family to his death list.

Now that he was free from a close death, he could analyse his own body. Firstly, it was malnourished, not very surprising.

Since he was an adopted son of an elder who died during an attack from a demonic beast, no one would protect him after that and he would be the focus of bullying and harrassment.

Even the servants looked down on him because they thought he shouldn't get any benefits since he was from the same birth as them.

What's more, he was known for being a waste who couldn't cultivate.

Overall, he was tossed around in the Zheng family into a ragged cloth.

Luo Mingli still had his soul force even though his body was currently a waste. It had carried over when he died and what's more, his soul seemed to have become stronger.

Noticing this, he focused on his soul and found that his 3 spirits and 7 souls were complete.

Luo Mingli's eyes widened, a trace of ripples formed within his eyes before returning to calmness.

The memory of his master telling him of his adoption ran through his mind.

His master had found him as a baby in winter, his soul was incomplete and had lost 1 spirit and 2 souls so his body became unstable.

Growing up, Luo Mingli's body was very weak and needed to be cared for. As for the reason how he was able to become a powerful cultivator, naturally he had the talents and the skills. But without the help, tender love and care from his master, he would've been no better than a dead little piece of flesh left in the harsh bitterness of the snow.

Luo Mingli was thoughtful. He was very intelligent so he could connect the dots together pretty quickly.

If he didn't, he would've killed himself from shame. His master had even made him read so many novels and prompted him of such a situation happening.

As for the changes in his body and soul, he would naturally be able to notice the differences.

He concluded that this cannon fodder in the novel was his incomplete soul.

Looking at himself in the mirror, it was further confirmed. Thier appearances was exactly the same.

The only difference was that his current body was much younger and skinnier.

Looking through his memories, both Luo Mingli's personalities were almost the same except the previous Luo Mingli was more dull and unstable so he usually kept silent and hardly responded to anything.

As for the cultivation aspect, the novel stated that humans had spiritual roots of the five elements: Fire, water, wood, metal and earth.

Individuals with a singular spiritual root are considered geniuses as their cultivation speed progresses faster and their talents are extremely good compared to those with dual spiritual roots and more.

There were also variant spiritual roots which did not conform to the five elements known as mutated roots.

These were: thunder, ice and wind.

Spiritual roots didn't exist in Luo Mingli's previous world but the concept wasn't hard to wrap his hand around.

There were numerous problems with his body that some couldn't even be identified currently.

One of the most notible ones was his spiritual roots. They were crippled and once they were crippled, one wouldn't be able to cultivate without repairing them.

But to repair them, it requires a very expensive pill with rare ingredients to formulate. The Zheng family wouldn't help an outsider and the costs were astronomical.

However, none fo this fazed Luo Mingli as he began calculating in his mind and smiled plainly.

In his previous life, he had been riddened with a weak body and soul to the point he would have to stay in bed for a whole three months for a single fall, but it didn't stop him from becoming a powerful immortal that could shake the whole continent.

In this life, he intended to live pretty long and didn't his master say that he would find his spring time here?

Although he never thought about finding himself a dao partner, there was minor curiosity lingering in his mind.

As his master had taught him divinity, shouldn't he try using it now?

Luo Mingli grabbed some unused incense sticks and walked over to the window where he could see the stars at night. The chilly breeze of the night brushed Luo Mingli's wedding robes.

Once he was done, he took a look at the readings and a flash of surprise in his eyes.

There was mild contempt in his voice as he muttered. "Isn't he the main villain in the novel?"

Remembering the entire plot, Luo Mingli didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

To think that his fated partner was the villainous Seventh Prince.

A phrase flashed into his mind as he thought this. "...to be in front yet blind to see."

Forced into a marriage with your fated partner yet due to prejudice, causes an irrevocable past that can never be changed.

As the divinity pointed to Rong Yuhang, Luo Mingli didn't think it was wrong nor was he against it. Whether he gets with a man or a woman was nothing but preference and the shape of the flesh.

Nevertheless, whether he accepted Rong Yuhang as his fated partner or not depends on how much that man was capable enough to attract his attention.

___________