Chapter 24

"Is everyone well rested?"

Everyone nodded their heads. Rong Hui went over the plan one last time before they set off. The first time they were caught off guard but this time they were prepared. The disciples of other sects decided to withdraw due to their heavy losses and injured states so it was only the Zheng siblings, Lin Yangqiu and the Rong siblings, Rong Hui and Rong Yunxi.

Rong Hui and Zheng Yingbiao would be at the forefront, attracting the snake's attention while Rong Yunxi and Zheng Xinqiao would provide support. That way, they would slowly whittle away its energy so that Lin Yangqiu could deal the decisive attack.

As they got into formation and began their attacks, everything was going smoothly despite the few bumps, but they were negligible for the big benefits they could reap if they succeeded.

With Rong Yunxi and Zheng Xinqiao grabbing the attention, Rong Hui was able to land a deep mark into the snake's body while Zheng Yinbiao landed a fatal blow, slashing through the scales and drawing blood.

HISSSS!

"Again!"

After an arduous amount of hours later of whittling the snake down, Rong Yuxin and Zheng Xingqiao activated the suppression array.

Rong Hui and Zheng Yingbiao retreated behind Lin Yangqiu as he nodded. "I'm ready."

The artifact in his hand was pulsating, when Lin Yangqiu aimed it at the snake, the qi condensed into the middle and shot out a powerful beam that pierced through the snake's horn.

Under rapid pressure and damage, the horn snapped while also erasing the last but of life within the creature.

THUD!

Everyone sighed and the girls cheered. It was finally over!

"Now we can get the Whispering Husk."

The Whispering Husk was a grey flower exuding yin energy, it's stem was like bone, the petals had holes as if it had been chewed on by bugs but this was not actually case, as if was formed naturally.

Lin Yangqiu stopped them from approaching the flower and explained, "If you pick it wrong then the effects and quality of the herb will decrease drastically."

As the only alchemist, they trusted his words. Lin Yangqiu approached the Whispering Husk and just as his foot stepped within five meters, his foot jerked and he unconsciously activated a talisman.

What was that? Something sharp just attacked his foot, and it was still stinging with faint pain. The others also saw Lin Yangqiu's strange movements.

"What's wrong?"

Lin Yangqiu was confused, was he just imagining it? Whispering Husks don't have offensive abilities, this he was absolutely sure of. He tried again, reaching his hand out but the attack this time was even more ruthless and a flash of light dashed at the speed of light, cutting a red mark on his hand.

He took his hand back instantly but still couldn't stop himself from being cut. Then wouldn't that mean...

Everyone's bodies collapsed at the same time. Lin Yangqiu was able to avoid falling to the floor but his knees were pressed against the ground. The pressure on his body was over three  hundred kilograms and adding on to the injuries and exhaustion they were still facing, the majority couldn't handle the weight.

"What's... happen... ing..."

When did someone ambush them?

This was what was going through their heads. They couldn't muster up any strength at all.