Chapter 13

Chapter 13

As they stood in front of the altar, the shining light hovered above them. They couldn't make out what it was but the light didn't make their eyes uncomfortable.

In actuality, it was soft and easy on the eyes despite it's blinding colour.

As Luo Mingli was wondering what to do next, the ball of light jumped and entered the blinding light. The ball of light fused together with it to form into a condensed light.

Finally, the appearance was revealed into the shape of a cube with a faint white glow surrounding its body.

Rong Yuhang and Luo Mingli were dumbfounded. The cube was completely white in colour and landed on Luo Mingli's hands.

"This..." Rong Yuhang trailed off, not knowing what this six sided shape's purpose was for.

From the texture of the cube and the lines imprinted like a pattern, Luo Mingli had in his fingers, a block of wood that was in the shape of a cube.

After fiddling with the thing for a few minutes, nothing happened but Luo Mingli felt a familiar presence coming from it.

Suddenly, the cube started flashing, bringing him out of his thoughts. Luo Mingli looked at Rong Yuhang. "Should we take this your highness?"

Rong Yuhang had a serious expression on his face, scrutinising the object in his hand before finally deciding. "Take it. Since it wanted to be followed, it clearly won't allow us to leave without it coming along."

"Then we'll take it with us." Luo Mingli continued to stroke the cube. It felt incredibly smooth and soft, unlike normal wood and it even had a glimmer of golden lustre.

It was strange and Luo Mingli couldn't get rid of the familiar feeling it gave off. The aura around it was pressuring yet it felt harmless and even soothing to the mind.

At that moment, he suddenly remembered. His couldn't stop the shock coming out from his eyes. Luo Mingli wanted to inject some spiritual energy to confirm his thoughts but then he remembered he didn't have any.

Luo Mingli, "..."

With the only thing he could do, Luo Mingli grabbed Rong Yuhang by the sleeve who was walking down.

"Wait."

Rong Yuhang stopped, feeling the tug and turned around with a bit of displeasure. He flicked his sleeve and because of that, causing the grip on his clothes to loosen.

Luo Mingli didn't mind as he had a serious and solemn expression on his face. It was an expression Rong Yuhang felt that a world class calamity would occur.

"Don't grab onto me again, or else you won't have a hand next time." Mild irritation was shown between his furrowed eyebrows and Luo Mingli was reminded of the novel, the seventh Prince had an irritable temper.

The fact that Rong Yuhang hadn't shown him his true anger yet proved that he was being quite patient towards him, including the times he threatened and tried to kill him.

"I will be more mindful in the future." Luo Mingli apologised but then informed him right after.

"I called for your highness because I wanted your highness to put some spiritual energy into this block of wood." He held it in front, waiting for Rong Yuhang.

"Why should I do that?" Rong Yuhang questioned, a scornful smile on his face. "That little ball of light avoided me before so if I tried to put my spritiual energy in, won't it refuse? And how do you know you need to inject spiritual energy in it?"

After listening to this, Luo Mingli went into contemplation. Seeing his thinking expression as if facing a difficult puzzle, Rong Yuhang placed his finger in front of the cube and spritiual energy flowed to his fingertips.

The cube seemed to sense the probe and the spiritual energy was soon absorbed by the cube. Both were pleasantly surprised by this outcome and Luo Mingli urged. "Your highness should add more."

"Don't rush me." After saying that, Rong Yuhang used more and the cube swallowed it all up. Once it was satisfied, it stopped absorbing the spiritual energy and the colour faintly changed.

It went from bright white to a glowing purple.

Luo Mingli quickly deduced what happened and came to the conclusion. "Your highness' spiritual energy is purple. This wooden cube seems to be able to differentiate people's auras."

Rong Yuhang had used up almost his entire energy just to fill the cube's hunger and he watched the cube intently. Small flickers of sparks formed around the cube.

" Spiritual roots." He replied faintly.

Luo Mingli, "?"

Luo Mingli nodded at his words as another conclusion. "If that is the case, then it's a bit similar to a spiritual testing stone."

The Spiritual testing stone can test people's spiritual roots and it's used to assess a person's qualifications if they are talented or not. It's mainly owned by sects and other influential parties. As a royal family, the Rong family has many of these stones which are also kept in the treasury.

But his instincts were telling him otherwise, this wood block was far from simple and they even seemed to have a type of connection.

The cube was glowing purple; it began shining even brighter with fluctuations of white, gold and purple and the cube seemed to change shape into a hole.

Then, under the eyes of one villain and one cannon fodder, vomited out a golden scroll.

It rolled down and tapped against Rong Yuhang's shoe.

Rong Yuhang, "..."

Luo Mingli, "..."

____________