Chapter 9 - Other In-Laws

When Rong Yuhang looked at Luo Mingli, his eyes became increasingly kind making Luo Mingli suspicious of his next move.

"Now that I've greeted your family..." Rong Yuhang spoke slowly.

His face beamed while saying, " You should come to greet my family."

Luo Mingli couldn't stop his mouth from twitching. "This one will be meeting the emperor?"

Rong Yuhang was overflowing with affection that it was enough to send chills down even the coldest of hearts. "That's to be expected. Father emperor is now your father-in-law, it's time to go pay our respects."

Luo Mingli chuckled softly, "Your highness must be very excited."

Rong Yuhang smiled flatteringly.

"Forgive me for my words but I've heard rumours that your highness and the emperor are not as close as other princes." Luo Mingli was absolutely fearless when speaking.

Normal people wouldn't ask the seventh Prince this question to his face unless they didn't want to live anymore. But who made him court death?

Rong Yuhang didn't get offended but it did remind him of his previous life and despise his father even more. He didn't understand why his father hated him so much and even until his death, the look he gave him every time he saw his face was as if seeing someone else through him.

He also never heard anything about his mother as if she never existed so his origins were very questionable in the eyes of others.

"What relationship I have with father emperor should have nothing to do with you." Rong Yuhang gave a smile that wasn't a smile, it was cold and daunting.

The pressure around Luo Mingli was heavy and a sense of dread crawled up his skin, his already weak body looked even weaker and insignificant in the face of absolute strength.

Although he wasn't offended, being reminded of the past would make his blood boil and his already unstable emotions leak. He quickly reigned in his powers and adjusted his emotions. 

Once again, Rong Yuhang scooped Luo Mingli up like a little basket and made his way to the Palace.

Luo Mingli felt that he should get his cultivation back as soon as possible, being carried all willy nilly by someone else didn't feel good.

It made him feel weak and that was something he hated.

"Your highness isn't going to punish me?"

Rong Yuhang was very magnanimous, " What type of death do you want? I'll let you choose as your privilege of being my partner."

"Why is death always the ending?" Luo Mingli was slightly speechless as everytime, he would be threatened with death.

"Killing people is easier." He gave a charming smile to Luo Mingli, his robes fluttering behind him. "How did you think I made my reputation. Or else? "

That was true, but Luo Mingli scorned this inside his heart. 

......

The palace was absolutely grand spanning over miles of land. There were statues of mythical beasts carved out and the intricate designs were meticulous and detailed.

Luo Mingli looked up at the tall building, whoever designed this palace certainly wasn't lacking in the lavish and expensive taste.

By the gates, there were also high leveled cultivators guarding the gate and luckily, they knew of the seventh prince's appearance therefore, his identity.