Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Rong Yuhang distanced himself which made the barrier disappeared after. Luo Mingli looked on with coldness, sending Rong Yuhang a pair of glaring dead eyes.

Rong Yuhang shrugged his shoulders innocently and decided to hand the bone over to him generously.

Luo Mingli resisted the urge to roll his eyes and made note to repay this debt back in the future.

"Here you are my wife. Accept this token of love of mine."

Seeing the look on Luo Mingli's face, Rong Yuhang couldn't help laughing.

"Is this so funny to your highness?" The coldness and accusation seeped through his words and untold amount of curses were placed above his head such as scurge, bastard ect.

"Don't be angry. I was only playing with you." He took Luo Mingli's hand and just as the bone was about to touch, it was directly flung away just passing by Rong Yuhang's cheek, a strong wind ushered his hair in disarray.

If he didn't avoid on time, then his face would've been smashed. Rong Yuhang's expression darkened instantly.

Luo Mingli resisted the urge to laugh and redirected his attention by asking, " Does your highness know what is happening?"

Then he curled his lips, a hint of gloating under his words. "It's called karma."

However, he earned a scoff off Rong Yuhang. "Karma? That's nothing but ass. I was only doing it because there was something strange happening around you."

Then he gave Luo Mingli a look. "It seems something in here doesn't appreciate you choosing that bone. It also appears very protective of you."

"That seems to be the case your highness." Luo Mingki looked around but didn't notice anything of the sort.

"Are you not scared of me? Not even a little bit frightened?" Rong Yuhang examined Luo Mingli like an unidentified species. There was a hint of amusement in his voice as he spoke. "If it was anybody else, they would've cursed me out and ran away ages ago."

Giving him the a side glance, Luo Mingli responded plainly. "So your highness does have some self awareness."

Rong Yuhang's actions were careless as he swept his spiritual consciousness across the vault. "I've always had self awareness. If the person wasn't you, I would've already killed them long ago."

With that sentence, he gave Luo Mingli a sincere expression making the other roll his eyes secretly.

"I'm not afraid of your highness. When it comes to the matter of life and death, I hope your highness would spare shocking the heart. "

Rong Yuhang smiled and said one word. "Never!"

"You're the sweet apple, the spring that runs to keep me alive, the drug that brings addiction. Oh, my lovely little wife~" Luo Mingli was disgusted by his flirtatious words and walked faster, trying to leave the crazy man behind.

While Rong Yuhang and Luo Mingli bickered and walked around aimlessly, it seemed that the thing that protected Luo Mingli finally couldn't take it anymore and a small blue light popped out and floated around his body before hovering above his palm.

Rong Yuhang stretched his arm over and tried to poke it but was avoided and it hid behind Luo Mingli's shoulders. However, when Luo Mingli stretched his finger out, the ball of blue light excitedly jumped around and seemed to want to be stroked.

Rong Yuhang couldn't help pouting as he put up an expression of feeling wronged. "Why does it avoid me?"

Luo Mingli felt that question was funny in his heart and coughed. "Maybe it's because of your highness' pranks that go too far."

There was a hint of arrogance on Rong Yuhang's face as he spoke rather righteously. "You should be grateful this Prince plays pranks on you. Or else you would've been lying on the cold, hard ground as a mangled corpse."

Luo Mingli, "..."

Repressing the desire to break out of his gentleman act, Luo Mingli calmly responded. "Then this one should feel grateful for seventh prince's lenience."

"As you should!"

"......"

They both followed the blue ball of light and ended up in a much more secluded area where other treasures were set in a way where it created a clear path.

There, the ball of light suddenly shone a blinding light. Luo Mingli and Rong Yuhang covered their eyes and after a few seconds, the light receded and a new scenery entered their eyes.

A white room in an enclosed space seperate from the vault. In the distance, they could see a large altar with wide steps.

Soon enough, they reached the altar, glowing varient colours. It seemed to be surrounded by a multitude of colours. Each step represented a barrier.

The ball of light bounced with vigor, Luo Mingli seemed to understand what it was trying to do and said to Rong Yuhang. "Your highness, it seems that it wants us to follow it."

Rong Yuhang looked at the altar in deep thought. "Go."

Whatever this was, it was certainly worthwhile finding out.

_________