Chapter 9

"This is the best day of my life," Maya gushes as the hockey house comes into view

"This is the best day of my life," Maya gushes as the hockey house comes into view. "I would like to thank my dad, my management, and most importantly my fans for helping me get to where I am today."

"Why did we bring her?" Parker asks the rest of us. We are trailing slightly behind Maya who is leading the way, the only one who actually knows where she is going and also the only one excited to go. This has been Maya's dream for three years now and she is fully enjoying every second of it.

"Why did we bring ourselves?" Tristian counters, his arm around Luna who nods in agreement with her boyfriend.

"I told you guys I was a real bitch today and I felt bad, so we are just coming to show face for a little bit, drink for free then leaving. We will be home no later than 10pm I promise."

"I am holding you to that Fran," Luna tells me sternly but we all know I won't be the one keeping us, dragging Maya out of here in 45 minutes will be the bigger issue.

Maya stops at the end of their walkway looking at the four of us anxiously. Outside are a couple players in hockey apparel sitting on the porch swing drinking. I send Ryder a quick text that we arrived before grabbing Maya's arm and dragging her up the walkway to the front door.

The guys outside stare at us but don't speak as we approach. Their stares are mostly trained on Tristian and Parker, probably because they will mess up the ratio. I am already ready to pull the captain card and name drop Ryder but the front door opens and he emerges before I have to.

"Beck," he yells happily, a cup in hand and a new backwards hat on his head. I have literally never seen Ryder without a hat and I am beginning to wonder how many people even know what his hair looks like. I also wonder what his hat collection looks like because this is the 7th time I have seen him and the 7th hat I have seen him wear.

"Hey Ryder," I greet while Maya next to me makes a choking noise, gripping my arm painfully. "Ryder this is my roommate Maya, you'll be happy to know she is on the dark side and not a figure skater."

"Ah, perfect! Maya I like you already, you can come in. Butt you gotta stay out here, would hate for you to be tainted by hockey air."

"Shut up you ass." As I walk up the stairs I punch his arm softly and he flips me off before leading us inside. I shove Maya closer to him figuring if we are gonna be here the least I could do is play wing woman to one of my best friends.

The inside of the house is packed with bodies. The only light is coming from the strobe lights and LEDs hanging from the ceiling. In one corner is a DJ booth and there is no furniture besides a table in the middle of the room which girls, dressed way too pretty for this place, dance on.

I look down at my own attire and question if maybe I am underdressed. Maya, like the other girls, is in a short tight dress that makes her look incredible with a pair of sky high heels that will be killing her feet later. I choose to wear just a pair of jeans and a cropped top with a leather jacket and a pair of comfy boots. Luna dressed similarly to me while the guys opted for jeans and a button down with a pair of sneakers.