Chapter 11

"Francesca, what are you doing? We need to go!" Maya is pacing the apartment while Tristian, Parker, Luna and a few of our other teammates have drinks in the kitchen

"I am grading papers," I tell her, flashing her one of the math quizzes I am working on. It is my job to grade the weekly quizzes for the math class I TA for and I like to have them done before Sunday so I can relax.

"Give them all an A and let's go!" Maya has been ready since 4:30 and was in complete dismay when we informed her we wouldn't be leaving until 5:30 the earliest. It is 5:25 now and she is already hounding us to go. The rest of us are way less eager to sit in the cold arena to watch the game but with football season over it is nice to have another excuse to tailgate and cheer in the student section.

"What are you wearing," I ask as I neatly stack the quizzes to finish grading later.

"Oh, Pman said he couldn't let me come to his game without proper hockey attire." Maya is in a Michigan hockey jersey, that is way too big for her with kinda a weird smell to it, cute jeans, and some booties. In my opinion, she looks way too hot for some sweaty dude who called her Molly on the phone this morning.

"What is proper hockey attire," Parker yells from the kitchen, already slurring his words. I wish I was rolling up to the game already drunk but I offered to drive so Tristian could drink since I was grading papers anyways.

"Not what all of you are wearing," she screeches in frustration. The effort was minimal from all of us to say the least. We are all wearing some combination of jeans and random UofM sweaters we have. Parker tried to wear his figure skating jacket but Maya literally assaulted him to physically removed the jacket from his body. "Can we please go?"

"We are going Molly relax," Luna teases as everyone finishes their drinks. 

"Wait Maya, do we still have brownies?"

"You can have one tonight when we get home Francesca. Now let's go," she hisses, shooting me a death glare.

"Chill, it is for Ryder not me."

"Ryder? Why Ryder? Oh my god he is going to eat one of my brownies? Why didn't you tell me he wanted one? I would have made him a fresh batch for himself! Francesca you are ruining my life."

"Is she always this dramatic," Heather, one of the freshmen on the team, whispers and we all silently nod. Maya is now frantically cutting a perfect little square brownie trying to decide if Ryder is a corner, edge, or middle kind of guy.

"Maya it doesn't matter, he only gets it if he scores and honestly Wisconsin is having a great season, it will be tight especially coming off a loss."

"Stop, you are jinxing them," she whines, pointing her knife at me.

I ignore her, push her to the side and shoving a middle piece into a small ziplock bag. Middles are my favorite and I can't trust anyone who doesn't agree. My roommates all do, which I actually took into consideration before we all moved in together.