Chapter 37

"Is babe coming tonight?" Bray teases, as him and Stan pile into my room

"Is babe coming tonight?" Bray teases, as him and Stan pile into my room. We won our game today so naturally we are throwing a party to celebrate.

"Bray," I smile sweetly. "We have 5 games left and then I am pushing you down the stairs and beating you with a hockey stick."

Both guys look equally horrified as I tug on a pair of sweatpants and fall into my bed. I am tired and sore and straight up not in the mood. We won today, which is of course great, but it was a brutal game, with me as public enemy number 1. The opposing team was throwing me around like I was the puck and the refs turned a blind eye to it the entire time. On top of being tossed around like a rag doll on the ice I slept a total of like 3 hours last night. I usually can prioritize hockey over anything but last night I could not stop worrying about Francesca. I knew she was safe and that her demon fears weren't real yet I kept checking my phone worried she'd need me.

"I told you that in confidence," I groan. Why would I tell them that and not expect them to bully me about it. My mistake for expecting anything else but this.

"Honestly, that was your second mistake," Stan tells me as he adjusts his shirt in the mirror.

"What was my first?"

"Correcting yourself," Bray interjects.

"What he said," Stan agrees.

"What was I supposed to do?"

"Tell her you like her!" they both yell. Someone hits me with a pillow but they're behind me so I can't tell which one it was.

"Oh yeah coming from you, who let Pman steal the girl you like and you, who can't even talk to any guys. Take your own advice ass fucks."

They are both about to argue with me when someone knocks on the door. "Come in," I call, not caring who it is. Anyone is welcome if it will shut these two up.

Francesca opens the door and walks in before kicking it closed behind her. "You look like crap Ry," she announces as she crawls up my bed to inspect the visible bruise on my arm. Even with all my pads it seems the other team managed to hit me in the few exposed places every time.

"Thanks butt, you really know how to make a guy feel better."

"I will be right back." Quickly she gets up and hurries out of my room leaving me alone again with dumb and dumber.

"You're great Ryder but Maya is probably here so I am going to go get rejected, yet again." Stan leaves and Bray follows, saying something about not wanting to be alone with me with no witnesses. I just lay in bed face down waiting for Francesca to return with god knows what.

"I flipped off one of the refs," Francesca says matter of factly when she returns.

"When?" I laugh rolling over onto my back to look at her. She is wearing a black low cut crop top and jeans with tall heels and her moon necklace, but my favorite part of her look is the backwards hat on her head, the one I left yesterday at her apartment. She looks, as always, breathtaking.