Chapter 13

"So, how was tape review yesterday? Any good highlights?"

"Your team's little stunt had us all doing sprints at 6 in the morning. We got to practice and Coach had garbage cans on the ice. At least three guys puked, probably more."

"I knew you seemed a little slow on the ice today."

Ryder and I are just cleaning up the cones as I continue to tease him about the latest prank. After the hockey team struck on Saturday the entire team got together to devise a plan to get them back. The hockey team retaliates quickly but our team is way more methodical. They were able to get their hands on the tapes the team was reviewing yesterday and edit them so instead of hockey it was full of embarrassing pictures and videos of the team. The stuff was all harmless, nothing that would jeopardize anyones spot on the team, but enough that they stormed the gym where we were working out and swore revenge was coming.

"It is bullshit I got wrapped up in this and I am not even a part of the stupid war."

Ryder is sore and bitter today and I have to slow my pace to match his despite the foot height difference that usually leaves me sprinting to keep up. As we walk into the office Josh and Barb are in their usual spots. We stay and chat a little but we make it quick since we both want to shower before class.

"Ride Beck?"

I chew on my lip about to say no but Ryder has already grabbed my skating bag and thrown it into his car. "Sorry, did that sound like a question? It wasn't. Get in the car."

I look at him amused before we both burst out laughing. When we aren't on the ice we can never take each other seriously. It is actually nice how our friendship has progressed from me wishing he'd join the circus so I would never have to see his face again to now I look forward to our couple hours a week together.

We have barely pulled ourselves together as Ryder pulls out of the parking lot and my phone rings. I pick up and put my phone on speaker because I am still sweaty from practice. "Hey Luna, what's up?"

"Those demons! They filled our apartment with feathers! Our place and a bunch of other peoples! Fran there are so many fucking feathers! Do they fucking sacrifice chickens in that creepy ass basement!"

"Luna," I choke trying not to laugh at my poor roommate. "How did they even get it?"

Ryder next to me has tears basically welling up in his eyes as he tries not to laugh and piss Luna off even more. I flip him off because while this is funny, that is still my apartment. Apparently me being neutral doesn't protect my apartment just like Ryder being neutral didn't protect him from sprints this morning.

"I am sorry, I swear after class I will clean this. Luna please don't kill me." I don't hear Luna clearly as she replies to Maya but I hear enough to know that Maya's missing apartment key was never missing; it was stolen by her lovely new boo. I can't see my roommates but I know poor Maya is probably hiding behind the couch while Luna is stalking after her ready to beat her for letting the jocks get our apartment key. I wonder if he gave it back or if we are going to have to buy a new lock.