Chapter 38

I am in the middle of blow drying my hair when the bathroom door swings open aggressively

I am in the middle of blow drying my hair when the bathroom door swings open aggressively. "Why?" Luna asks her hands on her hips.

"Luna," I warn. "Be nice, this isn't hurting anyone."

"It is shirtless sleeping on our bedroom floor Francesca. It is disturbing my peace. Why can't it be at its own house?"

"Parker basically hasn't left hockey house since Saturday. Luna just try to be a little nicer to him, please, he has enough on his plate." I give Luna my best sad look because just like Ryder she is a complete sucker for it.

"You like him, don't you." Her tone isn't exactly accusatory but more stating what she already knows.

"It was an accident," I tell her. I feel bad this is how this conversation is happening. I should have told her, we tell each other everything, but lately I have just been with Ryder so much I never found the time.

"You could pick worse, I suppose."

"Like," I laugh as she sits on the edge of the tub while I plug in the straightener.

"Look at Maya's track record."

"Ok true but Alex is so sweet. He is exactly what she needs instead of those tools."

"He is not her type at all Fran, he is way too nerdy and sweet."

"Hey," Ryder interrupts, walking into the bathroom still half asleep. I catch Luna checking him out as he leans against the wall across from her. Even though she isn't his biggest fan, she can't deny that he is extremely hot, especially right now in his sweatpants that are sagging on his hips and no shirt. "Be nice to my bestie."

"Stan is a great guy, but Maya has a type," Luna defends her own statement.

"We just need to show her he is basically Christian Grey. Quiet nerd by day and kinky sex machine by night."

"Is he?" I ask not at all expecting that from Alex.

"Well I have no idea, but I heard he always makes sure a girl gets off twice when they hook up and the puck bunnies say he has a magic mouth."

"This is too much. We are going to see him at dinner in an hour, please." Luna leaves the room making fake gagging noises and Ryder happily takes her spot.

"How was your exam and speech?"

"The speech was fine, public speaking doesn't scare me but the test was shaky."

I reach out and adjust Ryder's hat so it sits correctly on his head instead of crooked. "You seemed to know what you were doing when I helped you review yesterday night on the phone. Though I will admit I don't really know much about quantum chemistry."

"I don't either apparently."

"I am sure you did great Ry. You seriously need to stop being so hard on yourself."