Chapter 28

"How was morning skate?" Francesca asks as she gets into my car

"How was morning skate?" Francesca asks as she gets into my car. Most Mondays I am just getting out of practice with Dunk and trying to race home to shower, change, and grab my stuff before my 10am class, so today is a welcome change.

"Chaotic. Going to and leaving practice was like watching a bunch of chickens-"

"Can we not say chickens? Still having war flashbacks of the feathers."

"Sorry. It was like watching a bunch of baby bunnies trying to escape a hungry coyote."

"Oh my god you sicko, why is that the first comparison you thought of?"

Francesca is looking at me horrified as I pull out of her parking garage and drive toward the diner. Our to do list today consists mainly of three things: kill Pman, take out Heather, and stay alive. Easy enough.

"It's true. Everyone was running around all jumpy and hitting people with hockey sticks."

"I would judge but Parker locked himself in his room for so long, scared Luna or I had him, he nearly pissed his pants. We had to send him a snapchat with our sticks for him to come out and go to the bathroom."

"Parker is an interesting guy. Speaking of your roommates, have you heard from Maya? How is she holding up?" When Francesca texted me the other day telling me about Maya and Pman I gave him an opportunity to explain to the team what went down between them. After I realized he is nothing more than a royal asshole my blood was basically boiling, along with the rest of the bus. We have all gotten really close to the figure skaters but if it was us or Maya they'd choose her any day. That includes Francesca and the last thing I ever want is to go back to only seeing her when we have our shared ice time. I am already worried she will come around less because of this mess. That is why killing Pman is the first thing on today's agenda.

"She is still upset but Maya is strong and she will be ok."

"Good, I hope she still hangs out with us. Her and her brownies."

"Carson Thomas Ryder, you can't use a woman for her delicious brownies!"

"Did you just make up a middle name for me?" I laugh.

"Yeah what do you think? I was thinking Thomas or maybe Archibald."

"Please anything but that, like literally anything." I pause thinking about what I just said. "Ok maybe not anything, but definitely not that."

"Hm I don't know it kind of has a ring to it." She is sitting in my passenger seat in her big puffy coat, hood up nearly covering her eyes, with an evil smirk on her face. She gets such a sick joy out of teasing me and I would be the butt to a million of her jokes if it meant her being happy like this.

"You better behave butt or I am breaking our alliance."

"Gasp, you wouldn't!"

Instead of answering I turn the car off and get out. I hear the other car door slam behind me and little panicked footsteps chasing after me. "Don't leave me Ry, I don't want to lose on the first day."