Chapter 14- The Party

Sorry for the lack of updates recently! I have been consumed with school and other stuff.

Here's a small warning: this chapter is more of a filler chapter. I wrote this for slight plot purposes but mostly to have a good time. The people you see in this chapter will probably not come back.

Here we go!

The party was beautiful. Bright lights were strung all over the ceiling. Many people were there, dancing or talking. This party was for a charity event. It was held by a famous actor. The name escaped Shelby’s mind every time. All she knew was that their initials were B and C and that he looked a lot like Sherlock. Masks were worn as people socialized among themselves. Joan and John instantly refused to dance. They would rather sit on the sides and be moral support. Sherlock and Shelby just walked around, not talking. They just observed, trying to find the spies.They walked together, but they didn’t touch each other. They absolutely hated each other. Why would they have a need to touch each other?

Shelby instantly found that finding spies in this crowded area would be much harder than it seemed. Then, she found someone who might know them.

“I’ll be back,” Shelby whispered to Sherlock.

“Where are you going?” Sherlock asked.

“To find information on the spies.” Shelby answered. “Besides, we look suspicious.” Sherlock sighed.

“Don’t get hurt.”

“Wasn’t planning on it.” Shelby walked away and towards another big actor that was there. Tom Hiddleston. At first he had been shy and not really talkable. After a few drinks, he was loose and talking with people. He was one of the host’s friends, so he obviously knew some information. Also, this would make her pretty normal. Tom spotted Shelby and he looked a bit shocked.

“Hello, miss,” He stated, slightly pushing some of the other girls away.

“Hello. I’m Alice,” Shelby responded with a smile. “I heard you’re a famous actor.”

Tom looked a bit deflated. “Yeah.”

Shelby gave a quizzing look. “Don’t like your work?”

“No,” Tom shook his head. Shelby sat down next to him. “Love it actually.”

“Oh,” Shelby spoke. “I’m a doctor.” Tom sat up. “Very tedious work.”

“What strand?” Tom suddenly became interested.

“Neurologist,” Shelby answered.

“Brains.”

“Yup. I get brainy about brains.” Tom chuckled. Shelby smiled.

“Well played.”

“Thank you. I never really make good jokes.” Tom gave a quirked eyebrow and a smile. Shelby shrugged. “No one ever laughs.”

“Really?”

“Trust me, they can get terrible.”

“I’d like to see you try.”

“Ah, nothing like the smell of brains in the morning.” Tom frowned. “I know. Makes me sound like a zombie.”

“You were right.”

“I’m always right.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah.”

“What’s my favorite color?”

“Blue or Green. Depends on what you feel like.”

“How?” Tom looked at Shelby in disbelief. Shelby want to sigh and say that it was obvious. His phone case was green and blue. His tie was green for the day. Other articles of importance were the two colors. If really liked one color all of them would be that color. Since he changes the color, it means he likes both equally.