Chapter 17-Big Ben

Alrighty then! Hello! Sorry about my random upload spurts! I hadn't written in this story in forever! You're all very lucky that I have this all prewritten!! Welp, I promise that I will wrangle myself to get an upload schedule, alright? That is my promise to you all.

Also, thank you for all the nice comments! You're all so nice! You're all such good and nice and loving people and AGH I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Anyway, you don't to read about me, you'd rather skip all that! Onto the chase to Big Ben!

Sherlock and John reached Big Ben before Joan and Shelby. They waited near the clock tower, wondering what they should do.

"So," Sherlock started.

"What's up?" John asked, trying to make conversation.

"Nothing really," Sherlock answered. "What about you?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Why were you so eager to help Joan?"

"Because she's my friend."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just like to be around her. She's nice to me."

"Why?"

"I don't know, Sherlock. Why do you solve crimes with Shelby?"

"Because she challenges my intellect."

"Why?" John copied Sherlock.

"Because she's smart."

"Why?"

"Because she learned a lot in school."

"Why?"

"Because she was a good student."

"Why?"

"She was trying to impress her father."

"Why?"

"Because her father never stated he loved her."

"It wasn't my father. It was my mother," Shelby contradicted while getting out of a cab with Joan at her side.

"For sure I thought it was your father," Sherlock muttered.

"I never talk about my family, so I wouldn't expect you to guess on the first try," Shelby smiled, sarcastically. Sherlock frowned. "Let's go on up." Shelby started towards the tower.

"How are we going to get in?" John inquired.

"We sneak," Shelby replied.

♥প্রেম♥

After climbing stairs through the winding tower, they found themselves in a room with the clock face. It was white due to the sun shining through the white face. It was bright, too. In there was Sebastian Moran, waiting to give a message.

"Ah, I was expecting you," He stated, deadly. A smirk played on his lips. Sherlock glared at him. He only knew little about Mr. Sebastian. From what he knew, Sebastian was already a dead man walking. So many murders because of the man. Sherlock knew he had been a child on the streets for most of his life. He met Moriarty and Jim took him from the streets to his side. Sebastian was loyal to Jim, maybe even loyaler than John.

"Of course," Shelby responded, nonchalantly. "Switching sides?"

"Never. I was ordered to aid Jamie," Sebastian replied, venom in his voice.

Shelby yawned, dramatically. "Boring. Anyways, what's the next puzzle?"

"Two layers, like a cake.

Originally green and blue, it looks fake.

Thames and a symbol.

You better be nimble.

-JM

What's with you and puzzles?" Sebastian inquired at the end.

"Nothing, I absolutely hate them. How long?"

"A week. She wants you to have some down time."

"Oh, how nice," Shelby answered, sarcasm evident.

Sebastian sighed. "Look, I don't like this anymore than you do."

"Then, why must you go along?"

"Because I owe many favors to Jim. I am forever grateful that he saved me."

Shelby groaned. "Oh, not the loyal ones. The only cool loyal people are Joan and John." Joan raised and eyebrow with John. Both looked shocked. Sherlock was a little astonished himself. "Let's get going. Go run back to your masters, Sebastian."

"Good wishes to you, too." Sebastian turned and waltzed the other way. Sherlock growled under his breath. Sebastian was trying his patience. Joan and John started downwards. Shelby sighed and looked around.

"Amazing view?" Sherlock asked, breaking their small silence.

"Just white," Shelby replied. She exhaled once again and closed her eyes. "This place just reminds me of a dream my friend had."

"What do you mean?" Sherlock inquired.

"They always wanted to see what went on in the clock tower," Shelby responded. "They loved machines. They always fascinated them." She smiled, her eyes still closed. "Too bad he'll never see it." Sherlock wanted to ask why, but he didn't want to harm her feelings. Wait....She didn't have emotion? Why did he care? Shelby opened her eyes and accidently bumped into Sherlock who had been standing in the doorway the whole time. "Sorry," She stated awkwardly.

"It's okay." Sherlock noticed she was hiding her face. Then, he noticed the tear stains on her scarf. This "friend" must be dead. Sherlock frowned. He was feeling towards her. So, Sherlock found himself hugging her.

"I don't hug," Shelby stated, her voice muffled by Sherlock's scarf.

"Neither do I. So, don't expect another one." Shelby gave in and hugged Sherlock back. They finally let go after a few moments. Shelby looked recovered.

"Thank you. But, let's never speak of this again."

"I concur."

*SQUEAL* HUGS! Agh! Shut up, you two! And just kisssssssssss... I'm sorry. My inner fangirl came out there! Whoops! Also, dead friend..heh..heh...and the familiar voice....may not be related at all *wink**wink*. SHHHHHH. You'll never guess who it is, doe.

WELL, I'll see you all when I update this again!!