Chapter 10-Hatred

Sherlock hadn't known what came over him. He officially hated Gary. Sherlock didn't know why, though. It was when Shelby started seducing him for information, he decided it.

He just felt something bubble up inside him.

He felt it once before.

One time when Mycroft and him were little and Mycroft would get complimented and Sherlock wouldn't even be acknowledged.

Or when he had waited in the warehouse and Irene decided to tell John first that she was alive.

What was that feeling?

Oh right, jealousy.

Why would Sherlock Holmes be jealous of a man with a lower intelligence than him?

Not even Sherlock knew.

He just felt it. He noticed he became stiff when Gary’s pupils dilated. His jaw had clenched when he finally understood how she was going to get the information out of him. His hands curled into fists which stayed in his pockets. His very being hated when Gary shuddered when Shelby touched his neck. A minuscule bit of him wanted Shelby to actually hug him. Hug. Sherlock had been disgusted with himself.

But at the same time, he wasn’t that disgusted.

Sherlock just hoped these small feelings would pass. Like he stated to Irene, “Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side.”

But when he had offered to take Gary, he knew what he would do.

“Thank you,” Shelby stormed out, followed by Joan and John. Sherlock walked up to the startled man. Sherlock stood over him menacingly. Gary looked into his eyes, fright was evident.

“Money wasn’t the reason, wasn’t it?” Sherlock asked. Gary avoided his eye contact. “Your boss threatened someone. Someone important. Who?” Gary didn’t respond. Gary shifted. “So, money was one of the issues. You weren’t lying. But who was threatened?” Gary still didn’t answer. “Tell me, now.”

“It was my family,” Gary replied, looking into Sherlock’s eyes. “My family and my friends. I had to join.” Gary looked truthful, but he was holding back something.

“It was Shelby, too,” Sherlock contradicted. “Your boss told you that if you didn’t tell Shelby this clue, they would harm her. Right?” Gary reluctantly nodded his head. Sherlock felt anger rip through him. Gary had feelings for Shelby! No!

And then Sherlock slapped him across the face.

Again.

And once more.

It felt good.

Sherlock wanted to hit him more but decided against it. It was already evident that Sherlock had hit him. A cut now resided on his cheek.

"What was that for?!?" Gary yelped, moving his jaw.

"I feltlike it." Sherlock answered calmly. "Now, you're going to say that you fell."

"Or what?" Gary asked.

"Let's just say, there will be another death."

♥প্রেম♥

Sherlock walked out with Gary next to him. Gary was trembling in fear because of the taller man. Sherlock smirked. His cheek had been bleeding a bit due to the part on his glove.

"What happened?" John exclaimed when he saw the cut.

"He fell," Sherlock replied simply.

"Oh really? Is he correct?" John addressed Gary. Gary jumped because he had been looking away.