Chapter 7-New Crimes

"Ah, crime scenes," Shelby cooed as they reached the sight. Joan walked beside her. The police lights illuminated the streets and the hustling police. The scene was a flat, so it wasn't some weird place which Shelby had expected. They reached the door of the flat where a woman with greying hair stood. She was dressed in black jeans and black heels. Her black jacket hung over a red shirt. She had brown eyes that pierced the air. "Ah hello Lestrade," Shelby greeted. "What is it this time?"

"First thing's first, good morning. Second, you're not working alone," Lestrade stated.

"Morning, Grace," Joan stated making herself apparent.

"I have Joan, I'm not alone," Shelby responded, puzzled.

"I mean we are working with another division and their calling in another person. They say he's amazing." Grace looked right at Shelby.

Shelby snorted. "Even with two divisions working together, you still need me."

"That's not the point."

"Then what is the point?"

"The point is for you to play nice with this other person." Grace huffed. "And other division." Shelby smirked.

"As long as they don't have an idiot like Amanda." Grace rolled her eyes once Shelby stated the fact. Grace glared at her and Joan stood behind them, not knowing what to do. "Fine! I'll be nice. If I can." Grace sighed.

"Ah, Grace!" A man called over.

"That is DI Greg Lestrade of the other division, let's go." Grace walked over with Shelby and Joan following her. Two people stood next to Greg and were talking with him. Shelby suddenly recognized them and felt like leaving, but it was too late. "Ah Greg, this is Shelby and Joan."

"Morning," Greg stated with a smile. "Grace, this is Sherlock and John." Sherlock stiffened when he saw Shelby. Joan smiled at John and John copied the movement.

"I have to work with her?" Sherlock spat looking at Shelby.

"Yes, do you know her?" Greg asked looking at Sherlock.

"Met her yesterday," He stated through clenched teeth.

"Do I HAVE to be nice?" Shelby asked Grace, neither of them broke eye contact.

"Yes," Grace replied.

"I have no problem being nice, Shelby, so neither should you," Joan replied, looking at Shelby and her stare off with Sherlock.

"Let's just get to the scene," John interrupted. They turned, starting towards the scene.

"Oh look, it's freak." Seth Donavan stated on the stairs. He was going down while they were heading up.

"Thank you Seth, I always wanted to hear you say that," Shelby replied with sarcasm. Seth rolled his eyes.

"Joan, you really need a hobby," He said ignoring Shelby's statement.

"No, I'm good," Joan responded, earning a smile from Shelby.

"Are you sure?"

"She's completely fine, besides you really need to change your perfume, whoops I mean cologne. You reek of Amanda. Is she cleaning your floors again? You really need a maid," Shelby remarked. "Or are you just that desperate?" Shelby smirked while Donavan's mouth dropped to the floor. "That's what I thought." Shelby started up the stairs, Joan followed. Sherlock was first to move and started to stride up the stairs, getting close to Shelby. John quickly followed. Grace and Greg ran up after them.

"Good job," Sherlock murmured.

"Oh, getting rid of that idiot? Please, it's childsplay." Shelby replied. Sherlock grinned while Joan and John sighed.