Chapter 13- Getting Ready

You guuuuuuyyys! Stop makin me blush! More than 100 votes? Seriously? I am at a loss for words when comes to how thankful I am. And your comments! Oh I love every single one of them!
Anyway, sorry but I had to express my gratitude in some way. Now time to get ready for a party! Literally.

Shelby had never liked parties. They were boring and filled with idiots. The only party she would probably go to is Joan's birthday party. But this masquerade was something that had to be done. There was no backing out of it.
Sherlock and John had gone off and went shopping for tuxedos. Joan and Shelby went for dresses. They found themselves wandering the aisles, trying to find something to match their styles. Joan found one first. It was a white mermaid dress, the bottom was golden tool. It had white long sleeves. A small golden tool line was the start of the dress. Shelby found hers next. It was a black column strapless floor-length dress with jewel encrusted top. The jewels were black and it only had a strap that hung over one shoulder. They smiled at their choices. They were the complete and utter best. Joan picked out new shoes. Golden flats that looked perfect on her. Shelby decided that she would stick to her usual heels. They found themselves in the jewelry section, browsing the expensive pearls and diamonds. They were truly beautiful, sparkling under the light in their glass homes. Shelby smiled at the rocks, Joan joining her. Joan got a nice silver necklace, a small circular charm at the end. Shelby knew already what she wanted on the jewelry front. Shelby and Joan had already found beautiful masks with Sherlock and John. Joan's was gold with a silver outline and a small white feather on the right side. Curls that came from the left corner stopped about halfway and were a lovely silver, as well. Shelby's mask was silver with a black outlining. A long, thick black feather stuck out on the left side of her mask. On the right, over her eye was a line of black sparkles, leaving space for her to see. A spider web pattern, that was black, stretched from the left bottom corner of her mask, to the line of sparkles. John's mask was gold with silver outlining and Sherlock's was silver with black outlining.
Soon, they were getting ready at their flat. Joan was excited. Shelby was a bit delighted to partake in this event. Only because she would be able to act while doing so. Shelby curled her hair, only a small amount, so that she could keep her dashing curls all night. She grabbed a small pearl necklace that she had acquired from her sister. She put on her heels and made her way out to the living room. There, Joan sat, a smile on her face. She looked beautiful. Her blue eyes bright and her long blonde hair, straightened and framing her face. When Joan saw Shelby, her eyes widened.
"Shelby!" She exclaimed. "You look magnificent!"
"Thank you," Shelby stated calmly. "As do you." Shelby found some long black gloves and slipped them on. Joan thanked Shelby and they headed to 221b Baker Street.
♥প্রেম♥
Sherlock was talking to his brother on the phone when Shelby and Joan walked in. John had been pacing in anticipation. Sherlock's brother had called, saying it was drastic. When in reality, he had only called to ask why he wanted more information on Shelby. That was probably an excuse so that he was able to bug Sherlock.
Joan had been first to come in, John had gone upstairs to grab something right before.
"Do I look okay?" She had asked, shyly.
"John will love it," Sherlock replied, putting his hand over his phone. "He likes anything on you." Joan's cheeks turned red and she smiled.
"Thank you," She looked down.
"Where's Shelby?" Sherlock asked. Why was Joan alone?
"Outside," She answered looking up. "She said that she would be up in a second."
Sherlock nodded going back to his conversation. John walked back down and saw Joan. His eyes widened.
"You look," John started breathlessly. "Breathtaking."
Joan blushed a bit.
"Thank you," Joan looked down once again. John smiled and walked up to her. Sherlock smiled and continued his phone call.
"Does this look good?" a familiar voice behind him asked.
"You look great," John stated, surprise in his voice. Sherlock turned, his mouth opened, as if he wanted to say something. Then, he froze. Shelby could not be the woman standing there. This woman was beautiful, amazing, and ravishing. She was, question mark? No deductions? Nothing? Sherlock looked at John. A bunch of deductions popped into his brain. Sherlock looked back at her. Nothing! He looked at Joan. His normal deductions. Back at Shelby. Nothing.
"Mycroft," Sherlock said into the phone. "I need to go."
"Bye," Mycroft was cut off. Sherlock turned back to Shelby.
"Y-y-you look f-fine," Sherlock stuttered, he knees weakening.
"Thank you," Shelby curtsied, her curls bouncing. "I have our identities. Myleene supplied some to us." Shelby held up her phone to her nice, steel blue eyes. Wait, nice? Sherlock internally punched himself. He had just meant eyes. "Joan and John, you are Mrs. Ann Jacobs and Mr. Eric Jacobs. Eric, you are a part of an accounting firm. You mostly work as a manager. Mrs. Ann you are a saleswoman, medical. The two of you have been happily married for 8 years. Your honeymoon was in the Bahamas. Your experience is up to you. Answer any question with something either the complete opposite or the way you would like to answer it. Never give any real answers." Joan and John nodded, a twinkle of happiness in their eyes. "Sherlock," Sherlock looked at her, all of his attention focused on her. "We are a happily married couple, Mr. Connor Gray and Mrs. Alice Gray. You work as a mechanic. I work as a doctor. I'm a very successful one. But, we aren't really, happily married. We both like danger, so we are going to find the spies and technically, we have to get information my way." Sherlock sighed and rolled his eyes. "Oh relax. It's not going to kill you."
"It might," Sherlock grumbled. Shelby huffed.
"And I have to be married to you," She hissed. Sherlock smirked. "We better get going."
John and Joan headed out of the flat, followed by Sherlock and Shelby. They all piled into a taxi. Then, they started to the party.