Alec Knows Best

Madeline pov

I stared at Embry for second. Then suddenly my temper flared. "Are you kidding me that's all you want to say," I yelled walking towards him.

I suddenly feel a cold hand wrap around my arm and pulled me back. I turned to see that the hand belong to Alec. He was glaring at Embry with so much hate.

"Get your filthy hands off her," Embry seethed walking closer.

I moved to speak but Jane beat me to it. " I suggest you not get any closer and leave." Jane stated.

I slightly shiver with the tone of her voice. I pity anyone who was on the receiving end of her anger. I turned to look at Embry and his eyes caught mine. He turned his face into a pleading expression and it soon started to pull at my chest.

"Madi please can we talk," he tells me.

I sighed and narrow my eyes " ten minutes that is all," I tell him. I started to walk forward until Alec grabs my arm again.

"Madeline , we can not allow you to go with him. He is to much of a threat," Alec states.

"It's fine ten minutes and if I'm not there or you hear screaming come get me," I tell them. I didn't want to argue with him right now. I was too focused on answers.

"Ten minutes, if you aren't there we will find you no matter what." Alec states glaring at Embry.

I smiled at Alec and mouthed a thank you and turned around. Embry has some explaing to do. As I get to Embry side he tries to take my hand. I quickly pull it out of his grasp. I don't want him to touch me. He quickly lets go and walks toward the forest that surrounds the school.

As we walked in silence, I kept getting angrier. With how Jane and Alec acted and his sudden change in appearance, my suspicions were probably correct. He was just like Jacob, a werewolf. 

"So what do you want to talk about," I asked him getting straight to the point.

"Madi it wasn't safe," He tells me looking at the ground.

"It wasn't safe for me to know? But it was okay for Bella to know!" I say glaring him.

" Just a text Embry is all I got!" I sneered at him.

He looks up at me his face full of regret and anger. Embry and I never fought before. I don't think there was ever a time I was truly mad at him. There is so much I want to say to him but I can't find the right words.

" I was order not to by Sam. Jacob snuck around the law. Madi I wanted you to have a normal life. I needed to learn how to control myself and not hurt you. Not after Sam did to Emily." Embry softly tells me looking. 

"What happened to Emily?" I was curious as to why that motivated him.

"Sam transformed into a wolf and ended up scratching Emily really bad. Her scared face is a constant reminder of his lost of control. I couldn't bare it if I did that to you." Embry stepped closer to me. It was my turn to find the ground more interesting.

"You should've still communicated to me," I tell him.

" I wanted too. I missed you so much Madi you have no idea. When I heard about you being thrown into this vampire mess I knew I needed to step in," Embey urgently said.

I could feel my heart pick up. I do forgive him deep down. Yet I am hurt. This situation damaged our relationship we had. It will take time to mend over. I don't know if we have enough time to do that.  Embry broke my trust even if he thought it was best. I understand he wanted to protect me but leaving me out of it while my own sister was good enough to know pissed me off.