Blue

Madeline Pov

Rosalie and Alice quickly got me in their clutches when they heard about my date tonight. I was a bit on the fence about it but made sure to remind myself to stay calm about it. Being away from them, I felt as if I can finally figure out everything clearly. I think I only agreed so quickly was for Embry's sake. That was the most reasonable answer for this.

"So the talk went well," Alice chirped.

" I suppose," I mumbled watching her do my hair through a mirror.

" Emmet told them how much you like that steak place," Rosalie announced from the closet.

" Thats why Emmet is my bestie," smirking to myself.

" I thought I was your best friend?" Rosalie pops her head from the closet door with her lips forming a slight pout.

" You are but so is Emmett," laughing at her dramatic actions.

" I suppose I'll have to win you back," She tells me and dramatically enters the closet again.

" Why aren't you like this with Bella?" Alice said breaking the fun.

I gave Alice a look. Why would you bring this up right now? Rosalie hates my cousin Bella. I would be offended but then I remind myself she hangs out with Jacob. Besides Rosalie had told me why she doesn't like her. I get why she doesn't but some of things Bella can't control.

For example, Bella was told but not me. Rosalie was pissed over the fact that it was fine that Bella got to know but not me. Rosalie told me in that moment she debated on just telling me and going against her plans on letting me have a normal human life. Another reason why she doesn't like her is that she doesn't respect her humanity. I think Rosalie and Bella well get closer after Bella becomes a vampire but until then those main two things will keep them apart.

" Last time I checked Bella doesn't like girly things," Rosalie snapped back from the closet.

"Have you given her a chance? She's family," Alice lets out.

" How about we focus on what I'm going to wear," I say breaking the conversation and turning to Alice.

"I love my hair now we need to find something for my wear and look sexy," I tell her striking a slight pose by popping my hip out.

She gives a me a smile with a laugh. " Alright, fine." " But we are not done with this ," she finished pointing towards the closet and her.

I walked into the walk-in closet to see Rosalie holding two dresses. " Oh did you find one already?" I asked her in a teasing voice.

" While Alice was doing your hair I went through potential outfits." Rosalie was explaining to me with her arms cross.

"Well don't keep us waiting show us," Alice skipped in.

Rosalie smiles and brings up one of the dresses. This was a slim fit dark red dress that looks like it would hit my ankles. There seemed to be a slit to add more style to it.  I liked the color but I felt like the dress wasn't quite me. The dress seemed like it would feel heavy. I think I would be more happy to wear it for a winter date. I was surprised Rosalie suggested this.

"Whats the other one?" I asked awkwardly flicking my nails.

I see Rosalie's eyes gleamed at my reaction.  She let's out a laugh and walked towards me with a light blue silk-tone dress. I felt my face lit up with this dress.

"Rosie we got this at the mall I love it," I smiled brightly.

"I knew you would, I feel like blue would fit you more than the other dress," she tells me handing it to me.

"Now let's have you put this on and then we will do touch up before you have to go," Alice commands.

I rolled my eyes and laughed with them. I headed into the bathroom to start to change into the dress. The dress felt nice and flattered my body. It really enhanced my hips and showcased my chest a bit more than I do. I like how the style of the dress went well with my lose curled hairstyle. I did a slight pose and some words of encouragement and head out.

"Hey do you know what time it is?" I asked heading back in.

Alice mouth dropped and quickly turned into a smile. " First you look so gorgeous, and second it is 5:30pm."

"Thank youuuu," singing a bit of my response. "Where is Rosalie?"

"She had to go help Emmett with something but, I was thinking you should head down in about 5 minutes," Alice explains adjusting my dress a bit.

I took a deep break and attempted to compose myself. I really wanted to just run away and possible just not come back. Maybe I could live in Colorado?

"Come on let's get going," Alice said wrapping an arm on top of my shoulders.

"Yes let's go," attempting to match her happy energy.