Tendencies

Madeline Pov

After a long exhausting day of school I ran to my bedroom did some self-care and huddled in my bed. I was determined to stay in this bed and have a normal night. Semi-normal night I should add. Unfortunately for me Bella is here and loitering vampires as well.

I wanted to relax and calm my mind over everything and I honestly didn't feel like partying in Seattle with Jessica and Angela. I know I will have to make it up to her next time somehow.

*knock* *knock*

" Come in," I yelled. I was shocked to see Bella emerge in my room. Part of me was expecting it to be Demetri or one of the guards.

" What brings you here?" I was confused why Bella would want to talk to me.

" I don't want to fight anymore," clenching her fist together nervously.

I stared at Bella for a moment trying to decide if what she was telling me was genuine or forced. She did seem she was nervous being in my room.

" Me too," finding my blanket more interesting.

" I am upset that you found out all of this and left me in the dark. I know that you thought it was best. I get that I do but, even with Embry you knew his biggest secret and I didn't." I feel somewhat embarrassed opening up to Bella about this.

" You seem to be able to handle this vampires and werewolfs thing better than me and I don't understand why I can't fall in place." I finished off my rant.

Bella stayed quiet taking in my words I just expressed to her. I was worried what her reaction will be to my confession. Bella sighs and walks over to sit besides me on my bed.

" You were toss into this Madi. I sometimes forget that you weren't ease into this, I'm sorry." She tells me grabbing my hand from my lap.

I hear her sigh a bit " Listen, I haven't quite been here for you and I've put a lot of stress on you these last few months. I-I just want you to know you really helped me okay, it's my turn now."

I feel my eyes start to water with Bella's words. I could tell she had a hard time with this conversation with her bit of stumbling.

" I thought you weren't good with speeches," I mumbled out.

Bella gives me a slight shove in response to my remark. This quickly causes me to to laugh a bit with her joining in.

" Im sorry about the things I've said to you last night, it was uncalled for," I tell her after our laughter died down.

" It's okay, let's just move on," giving me a tight lip smile.

" Wanna watch movie with me?" I offer.

Bella nods her head and just like that we start watching " Troy," the movie that stared Brad Pitt in it. I kept complaining while Bella told me to shut up countless of times. I think Bella forgets that I despise Paris and Helen story. Yet for some reason she seems to love it.

" Who do you keep messaging?" Bella asked, taking her eyes off of the tv screen.

I could feel my face start to heat up from the question. " Just Marcus," trying to sound casual about it.

" I didn't know you were on talking terms with the kings." Bella tells me with her brows pinched together.

" Just Marcus, I haven't talked to the others," shrugging my shoulders.

I suddenly remembered Bella warnings about Aro and how he managed to touch me. I turned my body towards Bella and turned to tv volume up.

" Aro touched me what's his gift," I bluntly asked.

Bella eyes slightly widen then sighed, " I don't know if I should tell you."

" You've told me a lot of things you weren't suppose to tell. Besides he knows you told me," rolling my eyes.

" Aro has a gift. He can read everything thought and memories you ever had with a touch," running a hand through her hair.

" Wait, so every thought?"

" Yeah, every thought," Drawing her words out.

It went quiet for a bit. Aro read every thought I ever had. I feel gross, my private thoughts and memories were shared with a stranger. It cause me to want to stomp over there and start screaming profanities at him.

I know he wanted to touch me intentionally to use his gift on me. I would understand with an accidental touch but this wasn't. Aro used his gift to know my secrets, he crossed so many boundaries I feel the need to get back at him.

" Don't get mad Madi," Bella voice broke through my various thoughts.

" Why would I be mad, it's not like he just saw every embarrassing memories I had," I said getting up from my bed.

" Tell him to come over," Bella said ignoring my comment.

" Why so he can read more thoughts I had," I let out.

" No, to talk about it."

I gave her a look. " Why would I want to talk about it?"

Bella sighs and stands up. " Madi please just talk to them instead of doing your normal tendencies with conflict."

" My tendencies?" Frowning a bit.

" Your tendencies to take actions then talk later,"  she waited for me to respond when I didn't respond she continues on.

" You know like doing actions that you know will make the individual mad and then talk about the issue after you added more flames to the fire."

I narrowed my eyes at Bella. I hate it when she calls me out. " Fine I'll try your way this time," pointing at her.

" Really," sounding not convinced at all.

" Yes really," I said grabbing my phone.

The phone only rang once before Marcus answered the call, " Ah my tesoro, how are you this evening?"

I slightly blush a bit at the name. Marcus told me what it meant the other night. " I was wondering if you were busy."

" Not even in the slightest would you like me to come over again?" Marcus said with a bit of teasing.

" Yes that would be great, would you like to watch a movie with me possibly?" Trying to sound casual.

I really like spending time with Marcus I wanted to see him again. I like our conversations and how he intrigued me with everything he did. Even though the look in his eyes were full of intense emotions towards me, I became comforted by it.

" I would love too, what time?" He asked

" I would prefer in a hour or so, but I originally called about something else," glancing at Bella.

" Oh is something the matter," he asked concern laced is voice.

" Yes, unfortunately I need to talk to your brothers," I said plopping on the bed.

" Ah is this about Italy?"

"Yes, I want to make a arrangement," I let out confidently.

" This will be better to speak in person," he tells me.

" I figure, let's make it quick then," closing my eyes.

" Ah, dear it will be good for you and us," He tells me lightly.

" Maybe."

" We will be there in a hour."