Getting closer(21)

Sasuke stared at the sky with dark eyes, watched as the pure white clouds drifted serenely.

"You guys are getting better

"You guys are getting better." Zero said from where she lay beside Sasuke.

Naruto was on her other side, putting her in the middle

Naruto was on her other side, putting her in the middle. They also stared at the sky.

They were all in a state of disarray

They were all in a state of disarray. Their clothes were stained with dirt, grass and even some blood and in some places, torn. They held light scrapes and bruises on their skin, each to varying degrees. In all, they looked like they had been in battle but they didn't really care for it. At all, really.Naruto hummed slightly and he nodded even though the others didn't see it. "Your kenjutsu is getting better teme." He said, idly rubbing at a cut that was already healing. The others didn't even blink twice at it. It was just something that they accepted Naruto had displayed the ability a great number of times. They did think it was a bit unusual but they attuned it to an ability as they also saw Zero own uncanny ability to heal. Sasuke was too good of a fighter and strategist to get hurt much, most of the time that is, at least, when actually offered a challenge ─ which was sadly, not that often. "I still think I'm better though." He added, almost as an afterthought.
"I think you're imagining things moron." Sasuke muttered, eyes still trained on the sky.
There was a moment of silence and of course, Naruto broke it. "I can't believe you convinced that Jounin to train us in Kenjutsu Zero... or that you managed to convince him to not tell anyone."
Sasuke nodded along with the comment.
Zero shrugged and she sat up, bringing their attention to her. She ran a hand through her hair