Chapter Eighteen

Synn was amazed at the huge house that stood before him. He had never been in this neighbourhood before. The daunting iron gates provided more security that anything in his life ever could. He was in slight disbelief that he was doing the dirty work for a guy with this much money. If he wanted to, he was sure he could pay off whatever sentence he'd get. Instead, Synn needed the money, as did Bruise, which is why they were doing this on the down low in the business.

"He said he would leave the bottom left window around the left side open. We'll get in first and see where we can go from there" Bruises voice cut Synn out of his trance. Synn shook his head and looked towards Bruise. They already had a plan in mind but were prepared for the unexpected. They don't usually do this in a crowded area so they had to take extra precautions. He nodded his head at Bruise and they began to climb the gate.

The two had made it safely inside the house, into what seemed to be a laundry room. They could hear the dampened music and chatter from outside the door and knew that the gala was in full swing.

"As we've seen from the outside, this house is huge. We're gonna need to split up if we dont wanna be here the whole night. I'll take bottom floor, you take top. Who ever finds the library, get the money and we meet back outside the gates at midnight, dead or not, got it?" Bruise was slightly nervous about this one. He had done this a million times before, yet found this situation very unnerving. Synn nodded his head at Bruise giving him the confirmation he needed to head on out and split up.

Synn wandered down the hall until he came to a small set of stairs. He knew it couldn't have been the main staircase as it was too hidden and small, instead probably one for the hundreds of butlers and maids these people probably have. He slowly ascended them until he entered another small room with cleaning supplies. There was another door opposite him, and so carefully and quietly, he opened the door to see a long empty hallway, a matte black on the walls, matching the streaks that merged with the marble on the floor. Gold decor lined the walls and  such along the corridor, its accent making it all the more lush.

"Fucking hell" Synn muttered, never having been in such luxury. He slowly made his way down the hall, noting the barely audible music and chatter from up here now. He tugged his hood down further, even though he had a full skii mask on. He looked down at the endless amount of doors and new this was gonna take a while.

~*~

Downstairs the room was buzzing, not with joy however. The guests were undoubtedly nervous about being in the home of the King family. They had been under the radar for years ever since the don was killed and now all of a sudden the were getting an invite to a welcome party. It all seemed to suspicious to them. However, that didn't stop any of them to suck up to any of the brothers. Don's were pushing their daughter in the way of the brothers, hoping one would catch their eye. Members were forcefully laughing with them. And most of all, men were lining up to ask Aurora King for a dance.

The mafia princess was a sight for sore eyes. She was simply breathtaking. For many, it was their first time to lay eyes on her as she had evidently be kept hidden. All they had heard of was her ethereal beauty and enchanting eyes. The angel herself was currently sitting with Levi, as he spoke with the don of the Crudes gang. She was incredibly bored. Levi looked down at his Rolex and excused himself from the don and stood up un front of Aurora. He turned around and waved someone over subtly. Aurora took this as he chance to turn around and stuffy her mouth with one of the chocolate covered strawberries sitting on a stand on the table. Meanwhile, Alaric made his way over to Levi for his turn to watch her at his call.

"I need to go. Noah Knight told me he had something important to discuss with me and told me to meet him in the library. Watch her like a hawk, and I don't care if she stabs you in the meantime, dont take your eyes off her" Levi explained with a threatening tone to his voice. Alaric ears perked up at the mention of Noah Knight.