Chapter Twenty-Two

Levi was sitting in his office, a glass of bourbon at his fingertips as he leaned back in his chair. He swirled the liquid around in his glass, thinking. His lip was still cut and his cheekbone bruised. He didnt feel any pain however, he learned to tolerate it.

A knock sounded throughout his office. Levi looked towards the door and placed the glass down. Isaac walked in, with Chrisopher Crudes trailing behind. Levi watched as the man looked around his grand office, eyes of approval. Levi looked towards Isaac, who gave him a silent nod. Isaac and Atlas had done a complete background check on the Crudes. They weren't gonna make the same mistake twice. Thankfully, the really didnt find anything to worry about, past the usual gang business. They also had Will and Scott give their input, trusting their word and they admitted they had heard no extensive worries from this man. They told Levi they remember him being quite loyal to his father years ago. He had great respect for him and his family.

"Mr. Crudes, it's a pleasure to see you again" Levi said, oozing confidence as he stood up straight and reached over his desk with an outstretched hand. Christopher looked towards Levi, scanning him head to toe. He really did look like his father, from the blue eyes to the suspenders and white shirt rolled up to his elbows. Christopher smiled at him.

"Please, I thought I told you to call me Christopher. The pleasure is mine." He said with a hearty chuckle, taking his hand in a firm shake. Levi loosened up and smiled back. He was so worried about having a repeat of Sebastian Knight, he didnt want to put his family in danger more than he already has. He wanted to avoid making any allies, but he knew he couldn't risk that either. He had to put his ego behind and carry out what he came her to do in the first place.

"Have a seat. Bourbon?" Levi offered, gesturing to one of the deep leather seats in front of his desk. Christopher took a seat and took up his offer. Levi made his way over to the little cart in the corner of his room and poured him a glass.

"I firstly wanted to acknowledge what happened with the Knights, I sincerely hope that Aurora is okay" Christopher said as Levi handed him the glass. Levi eyed him sceptically before taking his own seat again behind his desk.

"Thankfully she is. The safety of my family is the most important thing to me right now. I'm ashamed to admit it, but if it wasnt for that killer, I don't think she would be alive" Levi admitted sincerely. Christopher's eyes widened slightly. He had heard that it was him to save the King girl, but didn't believe it at first.

"The Punisher" Christopher confirmed. Levi furrowed his eyebrows at him, urging him to continue. "That is what people are calling him. After all, really what he is doing is punishing the people that deserves it" Levi nodded his head slowly in response, processing his words. He supposed it did suit him.

"Anyway" Levi began, sitting up in his seat "let's get started"

~*~

Aurora was sitting on the island, in between Axel and Atlas who were sitting on the stools. Axel had his back to the island while Atlas was turned, facing Aurora. Elijah was leaning against the counter beside Axel. All four siblings were staring at the siblings across from them.

The nephew and niece of Christooher Crudes were standing awkwardly against the wall in the kitchen opposite them. Truth be told, the Kings siblings were very intimidating. Their uncle had explained to them how important this meeting was. They had heard of the King family before, through their uncle and at different gala events, even before they made their existence known again only recently.

"We dont bite" Axel stated dumbly, finding this situation very weird. Atlas shot him a glare, though he didn't acknowledge it.

"Much" Elijah chimed in suggestively, smirking at the girl in front of him. She widened her eyes and looked up at her brother. His eyes flickered to Elijah. His brotherly instincts wanted to glare at him, but he didnt want to find out what would happen if he did.