Chapter Six

He was simply so angry.

After his encounter with Aurora, Synn had to escape. His head was too muddled and his breath was uncontrollable. He couldn't gather his thoughts as he strode down the empty halls of the school. He couldnt process his emotions that kept taunting him. He could still feel the stares of the people in the canteen piercing his skin like a million needles. He was livid with Aurora for drawing that attention towards him. A filthy rich snob like her shouldn't be seen with someone like him. His paranoia couldn't help but think it was her way of taunting him, that it was some sick game that Noah possibly put her up to, seeing as she was his new little bitch. But then there was her guilt ridden features that counteracted all those thoughts. How sincere and genuine she was when she apologise to him. For what? He didn't entirely know. But it was more than anyone else had done.

"Synn!" He paused, hearing his name being called from behind him, before he continued to walk, choosing to ignore the voice. But the thundering footsteps got louder and louder until they stopped right in front of him. Synn halted, waiting impatinelty to find out why he was stopped. He was eager to get out of this building and into the fresh air, to welcome it into his lungs. The younger boy that stopped in front of him bent over, hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. His black hair was slumped over his forehead as his warm brown eyes gazed up at Synn cautiously, making sure he didn't go anywhere.

"I heard that your friends with Aurora" The boy finally grinned cheekily at his older brother. Synn clenched his jaw, wondering if this is what everyone thought.

As if I would be friends with someone like her.

"That's a lie, she got in my way and that's it" Synn growled, moving to step around the younger boy who stubbornly refused, stepping in his path innocently.

"Well if you are friends with her, do you think you could tell her I said hi, and, um.. that I think her smile is pretty" Synn stared down at his younger sibling in disbelief. The blush that coated his cheeks as he scratched his neck almost made Synn want to laugh. Almost.

"No, Riley, cause I'm never gonna speak to her again" He said tiredly as he successfully made his way around him. Riley frowned and slouched, before gathering himself and caught up to Synn, walking along side him.

"But like, if she ever runs into you again you could-"

"If she ever runs into me again I'll rip her teeth from her mouth, tell me how pretty her smile would be then" Synn growled. Even his own brother was brainwashed by this rich bitch already, he thought. He could hear his heart drumming in his ears, mocking the little self control he had over the smallest of things. He shook his head, picking up his pace as he saw the exit right in front of him.

"I think she'll still be pretty" Riley mumbled shyly to himself. He slowed to a stop, watching as Synn pushed open the doors of the school. Riley played with the sleeves of his jumper, sadly looking at the all to familiar state of his older brother, and disappointed that Aurora will never receive his message.

Once the fresh air greeted Synn, he inhaled it greedily, eager for the dull ache in his lungs and chest to dissappear. He paced, restlessly, his eyes darting between the stone walls of the school and his already bruised fists. He needed to find a way to resist the urge that consumed him whenever he got like this. When his heart beated so fast, his lungs ached, unable to keep up with the rapid pounding. He needed to control it, the anger - anxiety, triggered by the smallest and randomest things. Yet after years of dealing with it, he still crawled into bed with bloodied and cracked knuckles.

"Why did you run away from me?" Aurora asked as she watched him pace. She wanted to follow him. She felt guilty and needed to make sure he was okay. The stranger from the bridge happens to be a student at her school, the only person who seemed to hate her presence. She put herself in his shoes as she stepped outside of the canteen and wondered where she'd go and the first thing she thought of was fresh air. Luckily she was right. Synn, quickly turned to face her. Loosing all restraint he had left, he found himself pacing towards her until his hand was wrapped around her throat again. He backed her up against the filthy walls of this school, watching as her eyes squinted in annoyance rather than widening in horror. Her reaction didn't please him in the slightest. Her brothers would never let her leave the house without a bit of experience under her belt. She knew that he couldn't control it, that he consciously had no intentions of hurting her. She could tell by the way his hand was loosing and tightening around her kneck anxiously, the slight shake in his arm and the rapid pants that fanned on her forehead.