Chapter Forty

Synn left school early to get back to the house in time before Aurora came home. He made his way downstairs to be there for when Aurora came home, changed into his usual dress pants and shirt and makeup smeared back on his face. He walked into the kitchen and seen Alaric sitting at the counter with a cup of tea. He turned around and glanced at him as Synn entered further, getting a glass down from one of the cabinets.

"Nobody else is home, what happened?" Alaric asked bluntly, referring to Synn saying they had to talk earlier that morning. Synn turned around and leaned against the counter with a glass of water.

"I got a call from my boss. He's not happy you're still alive. He wants all of you dead now" Synn got straight to the point, not seeing any reason to pussy foot around it. Alarics eyebrows raised slightly. He wasn't expecting that.

"Why the fuck would he want all of us dead? Who is he?" He asked pressingly. Synn shook his head.

"He'd do anything to protect his identity. Do you think yall know him?" Synn asked curiously. Alaric paused for a moment, trying to think. Eventually he just shrugged, his head all muddled.

"We have another issue to deal with too" Alaric said, Synn perked up. "We think Sebastian Knight was working with our uncle. Levi will probably want to cover this with you too just in case" Synn raised a brow, waiting for him to continue as he was a little lost. Alaric rolled his eyes, catching his puzzled expression.

"Our Unlce was a mean bollox, took over when our father died. Levi killed him years ago before we moved to Ireland. We thoughthe did anyway" Alaric explained very briefly. Synn nodded slowly processing his words. On the topic of conversation, a previous thought popped into his head. He made his way over the the island counter and leaned forward on his elbows.

"Did you guys kill Jace Matthews last night too?" Synn question, looking at Alaric. Alaric looked back at him, he was silent for a moment, trying to remembering who Jace Matthews was before he frowned and shook his head.

"No, why? Is he dead?"

"Yeah, haven't heard how yet but Aurora was under the impression that you guys killed him last night too" Synn explained.

"It wasn't anyone from your crowd, was it?" Alaric clarified. Synn shook his head.

"Not that I know of, I never seen his name on the list" Synn responded. Alaric sat back in silence. He was trying to process everything but nothing was really adding up. He still had many question. He pursed his lips uneasily, dare I say, before looking at Synn again.

"You don't think-"

"I said I was sorry! I had every right to be pissed at ye" Auroras annoyed voice echoed through the halls as they heard the front door open. Synn sat up, completely forgetting about Alarics unfinished words, while Alaric took a deep breath and pushed it to the back of his mind. For now.

"Aurora, you told the guy I had an STD. He isn't gonna fucking look at me again!" Axels voice funeral after her. Aurora entered the kitchen as she rolled her eyes. She instantly went over and sat up in the counter beside Synn, almost hiding behind him from a fuming Axel. "I'm gonna kill you" Axel growled, stalking over towards her but Synn stepped in front of her casually with his glass of water. Axel paused and looked up at him. Synn stared down at him. Aurora peeked her head from behind Synn to stick her tounge out at Axel. He squinted his eyes in a glare at her before turning around and hopping up onto one of the stools instead.

"I don't think that's very fair Mr. King" A voice spoke, approaching the room. Synn perked up, a hard expression clouding his face when he didn't recognise the voice. He stepped more in front of Aurora and looked towards the door, along with everyone else. Of course, none other than Will and Scott saunter through the doors. Aurora stuck her head out from behind Synn again and he face brightened when she seen them, letting a small gasp escape. Synn glanced behind him to look at her and frowned slightly at the excitement on her face.