Chapter Thirty-Eight

Levi asked Synn to take Aurora to the cinema or something the following night while they did their business. He chose not to take her to the cinema however, and instead opted for their familiar spot that they hadn't visited in a while. He played innocent to Aurora, however, and made out that he was sneaking her out to come here as they hadn't come in so long. So now they sat on the bridge that they first met on, both facing the stream with legs dangling over the side of the bridge itself.

"Alot has changed since the first night we met here" Aurora said suddenly. Synn remained quiet, thinking about her words and how true they were. So much has changed. He and Aurora were, dare he say, friends. He didn't suffer as bad with his anger and anxiety, and he was not wearing his hood. Not wearing his hood was still foreign to him. He felt constantly on edge and hated having to wear the make up, but he thinks because he's doing it for Aurora, it makes it easier. She was the first person to see him without his hood in years, and now she's nearly always with him when he doesn't have it on. It's not something he ever thoughts he would do, but realistically he knew he couldn't wear his hood forever. Realistically he knows he can't cover it all with makeup either but that would be a problem for another day.

"I mean, for starters I have gotten so much hotter, which I didn't even think was possible" Aurora blabbered. Synn turned to give her a flat look to which she started giggling at.

"I like that I can see your facial expressions. You're so cuteeee" Aurora said with aggressive cuteness as she reached over and pinched Synns cheeks. Synn scowled and grabbed her hands, pulling them away from his face. "I've never seen you smile though. Smile for me Sunshine!" She cheered, reaching to turn his frown upside down but Synn grabbed her hands again.

"Please Sunshine, I promise I'll nev- oh my goodness! It's starting to rain" Aurora interrupted herself when she felt cold droplets hit her skin. The two of them looked up at the sky and surely enough, it was starting to rain. Synn looked back down to see Aurora gazing up in awe. He began to stand up, pulling her with him.

"Cmon, we better head before it gets heavy" Synn said. Aurora turned to look at him and her smile dropped.

"No Sunshine, it gets fun once it gets heavy" She complained as he began to drag her along with him while she looked up at him with a pout.

"Aurora, I'm not gonna be responsible for getting you sick" Synn said, growing annoyed at her stubbornness and trying to look away from the expression that would make him weak at the knees.

"Dance with me Sunshine. It can be part of the great plot of my book and you can use it as inspiration for your essay!" She tried to convince him, swinging their arms as they walked and the rain began to beat down on them heavier. Eventually she ran ahead of Synn, twirling with her arms wide open. She laughed whole heartedly as she attempted to catch the raindrops on her tounge, when really she just seemed insane. But Synn stopped for a moment to look at her. Her wild curls were falling limp down her back with the water and the large green hoodie she had on was turning darker as she continued to dance. She looked so effortlessly happy. Synn felt a smile tug at his lips, but it didnt show. He realsied that seeing her happy made him happy.

While she was still looking up, he approached her quickly and scooped her into his arms bridal style and spun her around. Aurora squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck as she threw her head back laughing. She looked up at Synn to see him already staring down at her with a content look on his face, one directed towards her which definitely was a rare sight.

"You wanna smile" She teased gently, in fear it would make him glare instead. Synn set her back on her feet so that her back was against his chest. He bent down to her ear, moving her wet hair behind her shoulder.