Chapter Forty-Five

Synn got to the house. There was no need for him to sneak his way through the gates like he used to do. They were wide open. That was not a good sign. He paused for a second trying to shake of the pain that pounded throughout his entire body, but he tried not to focus on that. He glanced at the front door, seeing it wide open. He thought about it but reconsidered it, deciding that wasn't the best option right now. So, he took a different route that was familiar to him the first night he even set foot in this house. He made his way around the side to see the window that he entered through all that time ago was wide open, so he figured it might be a good option. As he climbed through and set foot in the familiar small room, he stopped to try and listen. He could hear faint shouts and gunshots throughout the house. He knew this was going to be a blood bath. He had absolutely nothing on him to defend himself, so he took his time going up the back stairs, listening carefully. As he made his way to the top, he slowly opened the door, looking out first before stepping out into the hallway. It wasn't empty, however.

There were two dead bodies on the floor next to him. He knelt down and checked their bodies for some sort of weapons. He found a knife in the pocket of one, stuffing it into his pocket, and a gun next to the other. He checked it for bullets, only seeing about three left but kept it anyway, clocking it and continuing to make his way through the house. The first place on his mind was Auroras' room. It was his best bet to begin with. He turned the corridor in a hurry, however, and was met the three men standing outside of Levi's office.

"He just confirmed she's in her room, he wants her now so let's go" One said as the three made a move to leave but they were met with Synn standing there right behind them. Synn recognised their faces from being around in the pub, but they didn't recognise his. He shot them a smile, punching his knife into the heart of one. The other two them made a charge at him at once, but he grabbed one of their arms with the gun, twisting it around them and shooting the other in the head, causing him to drop dead. Luckily, his silencer was on. He kicked the one left standing in the back of the knee before turning them around and pinning him to the wall, slicing him across the throat. The three of them were now on the ground at his feet. He was about to walk away as he stuffed the knife back in his pocket, but as he did, he felt something else. He pulled it out and saw the shiny dark tarot card that he hadn't seen in months. 'The Fool'. He paused before turning around again and looking at the bodies. He figured he might as well leave his mark.

He stood back, now covered in more blood than before. It wasn't his finest work, but it was enough. They were going to get his girl, and he didn't like that. He looked at the card again before dropping it down on what was left of their corpses before walking away again.

The sounds of shouts and gunshots began to grow louder as he made his way down the hall. As he rounded a corner, he saw Elijah and Axel fighting against five other men. Synn sighed before getting up behind them and grabbing one of the opposing men that had Axel at gun point and slitting their throat. Axel barely got the chance to look at Synn in shock before another man came his way.

One of the men grabbed Synn in a head lock. Synn felt the air escape his lungs, but it was soon back when he rammed them back against the wall, causing a picture to fall on the guys head. Synn managed to turn around and gut the man in the heart before shrugging him off completely. He turned around just in time to see another man drop dead at Elijahs hands. The two made eye contact, and Elijah pursed his lips for a second before speaking.

"Her room," He said simply, before he was charged at once again. Synn went to go help him, but Elijah managed to shake his head. "Go," He said sternly, motioning towards Auroras' bedroom. Synn didn't think twice before he ran down the hall towards her room. He got to the room and went to open the door, but it was locked. Without thinking about how he's gonna terrify the shit out of her, he kicked it down right above the handle, causing it to fall open. He stepped inside and glanced around the room, not seeing her anyway, until he heard something from the closet. He took long strides across the room, about to knock it down again but thought twice.