Chapter Twenty-Nine

"You need to tell me how you knew" Alaric declared, tightening his fists on the steering wheel.

"I don't need to tell you anything" Aurora shrugged, sucking on a strawberry Chupa Chup lollipop she found in his glove compartment. Her legs were propped up on the dashboard, Alaric hadn't asked her to take them down yet cause he was in a slight state of panic.

"Yes you do. Is it obvious, is that how you knew?" He pressed further. His hands were turning white at this stage and he was resting the urge to step on the pedal and go flying. Aurora glanced at him from the corner of her eyes. She has never seen Alaric like this. He's always so cool and chill, but now he's almost panicking. She didn't see what the big deal was.

"Alaric, it wasn't you that gave it away really. When I turned around to look back at Bruise, he was soooo staring at your ass. I just presumed since you swing both ways that you were into him, since you hadn't socked him yet" Aurora shrugged. Alaric went silent. And red in the face.

"How'd you know I swing both ways?"

"Oh, that parts obvious" Aurora chuckled. Alaric rolled his eyes and huffed. He relaxed for a moment. Thinking about her words. Those words. Suddenly as they were driving, Alaric could see two head lights coming at them. He didn't think much about it at first, but then he realised that they were coming straight towards them, on the wrong side of the road. He sat up straight and squinted his eyes, noticing the speed they were coming at.

"Aurora, take your legs down" He said sternly, unsure of how this was gonna end.

"Alaric, it's-" Aurora started with a groan but Alaric was quick to cut her off.

"Aurora, take your fucking legs down now and hold on tight" Aurora listened and did as he said quickly. Her heart started to beat faster at the tone he used with her. She held on to the door handle and took the lollipop out of her mouth. She looked at Alaric to see him staring intensely ahead of them. She too then turned towards the front to see two headlights getting brighter and brighter as they approached them. Her heart stopped.

"Alaric" She whispered shakily. Alaric changed gear and stepped on the gas, not the reaction Aurora was hoping for causing them to be launched forward. Alraics arm reached across infront of Aurora as she clenched her eyes shut, waiting for an intense impact. Instead, at the very last minute, Alaric swerved the car to the right. Auroras body fell towards the door but Alaric held on to her. The sound of sharp scraping of the two metals of the cars could be heard before it stopped as they dodged the other car. Aurora opened her eyes the second it did and let out a deep breath. Alaric hadn't slowed down, however. Aurora looked behind them to see the car turning around and coming towards them from the back. She turned back around, really starting to panic now. Her chest tightened up and her eyes began to sting.

"Alaric, whats happening?" She asked, her voice quivering. Alaric toon a deep breath, trying to remain calm for her sake. He glanced in the rear view mirror to see the car still following them.

"I don't know, but whoever is in that car, wants us dead. But its not gonna happen, alright?" He said calmly. His tone was firm, confident even. Aurora processed his words but remained silent. He briefly glanced at her and noticed her fear on her face.

"Do ya hear me Aurora? I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, okay?" He said again, this time more sternly. Aurora snapped out of her trance and nodded dead head vigorously.

"I hear you" She said, trying to convince herself. Alaric sighed and glanced in the mirror to see them gaining on them. He gritted his teeth and began to press harder on the pedal, increasing speed rapidly. He needed to loose them. Fast. A million thoughts were passing through his head right then but all he tried focusing on was getting Aurora out of this alive. He was eyeing the roads around him. They were still quite unfamiliar to him as he hasn't drove on them many times. He was coming to a cross section up ahead. A familiar one, and he knew if he kept going straight he'd be on roads that he knew a little better. As he approached it he sped up. He hit the centre of the cross section, heading straight, only to see blazing headlights coming at him from the left. So instead, he spun the wheel with immense strength and turned to the right instead. He cursed and hit the wheel, still speeding down the empty street, only now with two cars tailing behind him. Aurora kept glancing behind them but kept quiet, not wanting to distract Alalric.