𝐎𝐧𝐞

Tick

Tick.

Tock.

My eyes pierced at the swinging hand of the pendulum clock.

I remained motionless til' the long arm hits the eleven mark, indicating that it was time to Make a wish.

Every colour of balloons started floating from the inside of my tippy toes to the roof of my head-The adrenaline is on.

'Please, 11:11, give me the energy to work and stand for 3 more hours.'

Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw the change in the arrow's angle. 11:12.

Nothing happened as I hoped it would. Instead, more and more customers entered the flower shop.

In my head, I groaned and cursed at the 11:11 gods who didn't listen to my request as I heard 'dingles from the door as the customers came in one by one.

'I swear it worked last time. I thought.

"Hi! can I get these peonies?

The bouquet was carefully put on the counter by a tall woman in her thirties.

I snatched the stems and bundled them up in a yellow paper wrapper. I placed them in a paper bag and handed them to the lady.

"That's twenty dollars,

My lips awkwardly curled up. The tall lady reached into her bag and pulled out a paper bill, which she placed on the counter.

"Thanks! Have great-

Click. Clack.

She then walked away without a word. As she raced, her red bottom heels clacked at a rapid pace. The door slammed shut behind her hurried form.

Sighing, I watched the other customers pick out their bouquets before coming to my counter.