56- Abort Mission

Raghav's POV:

There was a knock on the door which stopped all the conversation between us.

Standing up, I went to open the door.

"You three took so much time that we got worried", Mom answered my unasked question.

I moved slightly to let Mom and Dad come in.

It didn't take even a second for them to understand that something was majorly wrong.

"What's going on?" Dad asked nervously, looking at three of us keenly.

I kept mum, not knowing whether it was alright to let them in on this topic. I was aware that they were more knowledgeable and would come up with better solutions, but I didn't know whether Tanya and Sia wanted it to be a secret or not. After all, the whole thing was related to their father.

"Raghav? Rajveer asked something", Mom called upon my silence.

Before I could contemplate on what excuse I should give them, Tanya stood up, "Please sit. It's a long story".

The expressions of Mom and Dad went from confused and curious to scared in a second.

"Please", Tanya probed.

They did as they were told and sat down on the nearby small couch. Mom raised her eyebrows at me, trying to get a hint of what was going on.

I just gestured her to wait for Tanya to speak. It was upto Tanya on how much she wanted to disclose and how much she wanted to hide.

Tanya sat near them and started to speak about everything after taking a deep breathe to gather courage. A sense of pride surged through me when Tanya said that she wouldn't hide anything as she considered them as her parents too. She told them everything- her father's wrongdoings as well as our solution.

I was genuinely surprised by my parents' reaction too. After the initial shock, they didn't show any emotion that could make Tanya and Sia feel ashamed.

Mom gently caressed Tanya's head and even called Sia to come forward. Dad stood up from the couch and Sia took his place. Mom hugged them both, while consoling them.

"Yes, what has happened is wrong but remember one thing- it is not your fault. You two weren't involved in this, so no matter what, you aren't going to blame yourselves", Mom said, speaking like a true teacher; guiding them away from the road of darkness.

While Mom consoled the girls, Dad took me aside. "Let me know if you need more money. Your Mom and I have saved so much. Plus neither Rishi nor Trisha would refuse if you use business profits for a good cause".

"I don't think I will need it, but still thanks for the support Dad", I said, giving him a side hug.

Rather than the help, what gave me an encouragement was his support and his belief in me.

"Your idea seems nice but it is still risky. Even if we are going to pretend like nothing has happened for few months, I feel uneasy about letting Sia stay at that house", Dad said.

"Sia can come and stay at our house", Mom suggested.

"That sounds good. Making an excuse for her stay wouldn't be that hard", I agreed.

"I don't want to burden you with my presence", Sia refused in a low voice with a bowed head, not meeting our eyes.

"Nonsense", Mom was quick to respond. "You are a part of our family. Don't you dare call yourself a burden ever again. Today I am letting it go, but next time, I won't be so lenient", Mom told her sternly, yet the essence of love dripped from her every spoken word.

"Yeah Sia, don't cross mom. She is very creative with her punishments", I warned her with a laugh.

Sia laughed too making me feel proud of myself.

I was too early to celebrate. We had only managed to convince one sister, when another had to jump up with a new problem.

"Where will she stay? We don't have any extra rooms", Tanya asked worriedly.

I mentally face palmed at her. We could have discussed that later. Sia was already anxious about moving in. This question was definitely going to increase Sia's hesitation.

"It's okay. I can manage with Dad as I have done for all these months", Sia said, making my fear come true.

"Don't even think about it. Rishi is anyways moving out. We will clean up his room for Sia", Mom interjected, easing up Sia's worries.

"Yeah, and even if Rishi wasn't moving out, we would have still taken Sia in. We would have adjusted somehow. Her safety comes before our comfort", I added so that Tanya would be at ease too.

This incident had raised so many questions and trust issues for both Tanya and Sia. They badly needed the assurance that they were loved and had a family who supported them fully.

"Thank you", Tanya whispered in gratitude but she suddenly got tensed.

"Let's not tell anything to Rishi and Nikhil now", she asserted.

Mom's eyes dimmed hearing her but she still agreed with Tanya. "Of course, it's your family matter. We won't tell anything to them".

I understood where Tanya was coming from, but still it made me sad that she didn't consider them as her immediate family. And probably, Mom and Dad felt the same sadness too.

We tried to conceal our sadness but we failed badly as Tanya caught up to our feelings. She saw right through us and hurried to explain herself, "You all are taking my words in a different way. I am not saying to never tell them. What I meant was to not inform them about this right now.

"Rishi and Nikhil got married just today and they will be going for their honeymoon in two days. This news would damper their happiness. We shouldn't ruin their happiness. Let's tell them after they are back from honeymoon".

Tanya bit her lips worriedly, waiting for us to react. We did give her a heart attack by not saying anything right away. But then we all smiled widely, relieving her stress. Mom went as far as to hug her tightly.

"Raghav, think of an excuse right away. I don't want her to spend even a minute at that house", Dad instructed after everyone had calmed down.

I nodded affirmatively. He was right, this was a serious issue. A slight mistake could jeopardize Sia's safety.

"I will soon come up with a plan", I declared.

"What are you guys planning behind my back?" Rishi questioned, alarming us with his sudden presence.

"Tell me, tell me", he sang.

"Its just my pure luck. If Trisha hadn't asked me to deliver the shoes to Sia, then I would have never known that you all are plotting behind my back", Rishi narrowed his eyes, before asking again, "Now tell me. What plan were you talking about?"

"What planning? There's nothing going on", Mom lied pathetically.

"I heard Raghav saying something about 'coming up with a plan'. Don't lie and tell me fast", Rishi urged.

We all started smiling, so that he wouldn't realize the tensed atmosphere.

"Oh! That plan!!" I exclaimed, like I just understood what he meant.

"We were thinking that you and Nikhil should stay at two different rooms until you leave for honeymoon", Tanya blurted out, when I failed to come up with something.

Rishi looked horrified, actually believing the stupid lie.

"No no no, Abort Mission, Abort Mission", Rishi yelled, waving his hands frantically in a negative gesture.

We all bursted out laughing at his reaction, temporarily forgetting the worries.

"Aww, don't tease my child", Mom cooed at Rishi.

She went near him and assured him lovingly that we were just teasing him.

Give it up to Rishi for making us laugh at such a dreaded situation. My brother was one of a kind.